Spread Sheet

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Colin2016
KG Regular

Any body use a spread sheet for logging seed planting/growing, they could recommend?
Gerry
KG Regular

I'm not that organised Colin. Wish I was.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Spread sheet. Anything to do with spreading manure. :wink:
Westi
KG Regular

I think this came up before Colin, have you searched?

I am no where organised enough, I start with the best intentions & for a few weeks on it, then other jobs overtake & before I know it seasons over & I've barely recorded sowing into the 2nd week of May let alone crop progress & weight of harvest etc.
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

My wife complains I have a spreadsheet for everything but, like my veg, they are all homegrown. I use a combination of a spreadsheet, which is a stock list of my seeds (it also has 'no stock' items so I can see what I have grown in the past) with sowing week numbers that I have refined over the years for each flower or vegetable, and a diary. In the Winter I use the week numbers from the spreadsheet to write the sowing plan into the diary in pencil then as I do things I enter them in pen. One problem is remembering to make changes.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I write it all down in my gardening log. It's easy to jot things down and compare it with previous years. I tried my own spread sheet but like the book better as there's room to put comments , ideas and any other information that springs to mind. So long as you put the date it's a very good reference. I've got a separate page for seeds to re order and notes for things to do and what not to grow for next year.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Thanks for all you replies, yes I did a search but did not come up with much of interest.

At the moment I make a note of what is sown & date on paper then transfer it to a word document. This is 5 pages long so far, so wondering how can I collate it into something useful for later on.
Gerry
KG Regular

Hi Colin,

A few years ago I was given a present of a CD-ROM by BBC Gardeners' World Magazine with Alan Tichmarsh and GW team, called "Garden Manager" and contains a "Extensive plant database to customise".

I don't know if this is any help.

Regards,
Gerry.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Thanks Gerry I'll check it out, have downloaded a template which I will have a play with., not today though as the Sun Is Out so off to the plot.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic