Glorious Spring Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Eek, the danger of assumptions.
There I was tuned into radio Pa-pun-snip......
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
robo
KG Regular

Peter what wavelength is that station on
peter
KG Regular

robo wrote:Peter what wavelength is that station on

666 :twisted:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

peter
KG Regular

One of my work colleagues has a whole page this month with his wife and vegetables. :shock:

Pa Snip
KG Regular

peter wrote:
robo wrote:Peter what wavelength is that station on

666 :twisted:

:lol:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've just been reading the June KG Magazine and gone into a panic because I'm so far behind. I know it's only the end of April but Ive only sown tomatoes and peppers. They are listing everything that should be ready to plant out in June and I've not got round to sowing them yet.

One of the recipes is amusing - Tagliatelle Puttanesca. It says that it translates as "tart's pasta" because it was quick and easy to prepare between clients.
Westi
KG Regular

General talk in gardening shows & Fb chat is this year is approx 1 month behind for everything, so your right on target PP! That's the problem with these magazines coming out ahead of time, they don't have clarification of what is actually happening in the current month & can't pull the next edition, much the same as when it is great weather as well. Opportunity there KG to think out of the box & get the current conditions & what to sow now in real time squeezed in somewhere.
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Westi wrote:General talk in gardening shows & Fb chat is this year is approx 1 month behind for everything, so your right on target PP! That's the problem with these magazines coming out ahead of time, they don't have clarification of what is actually happening in the current month & can't pull the next edition, much the same as when it is great weather as well.

Opportunity there KG to think out of the box & get the current conditions & what to sow now in real time squeezed in somewhere.

OR

Install a pinned forum on here that can only be written to by staff for the current months jobs , planting & sowing to be done based upon the climate conditions. Making it open only to forum members to read but not reply to.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I suppose even that would be difficult to adapt to all the different parts of the U.K.

I've been to Harrogate Show today and you could tell some of the nurseries had had a bit of a struggle to get enough plants ready for the show. There were still lots of beautiful displays and we had a good day out. There were heavy showers all the way up but it stayed dry while we were at the show with a bit of sunshine but a very cold wind.
peter
KG Regular

Typical, take a day off work to do outdoor stuff.
weather.jpg
weather.jpg (80.56 KiB) Viewed 5533 times

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

The weather really is making it akward to plan anything....hopefully it will soon change, infact, I know it will... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Same here Peter but only 5° chucking it down and a cold north easterly. It was going to be my gardening day. Might just put my mac on and go out anyway. At least Ive done the ironing and made some bread.

Glad you're so optimistic OH. I can't get motivated when it is so dark and horrible. There have been some good birds in the garden this morning. 17 species including garden warbler, song thrush, red poll and two pairs of bullfinch.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Just got back soaking wet from couple of hours of planting on plot, the wife thinks I’m mad. At least I did not have to water them in.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Decided to ignore the weather and planted two rows of shallots and a few parsley seedlings. Like you say they didn't need watering in.
peter
KG Regular

Shed extension now has a complete roof.

Not sure if I got any wetter when I got in the hot bath or not. :?

Thank heavens for modern cordless drills, without one I'd have spent the day not doing what I took it off to do. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic