Handy gloves

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

Thank you very much to KG for the very handy gardening gloves attached to the latest issue! I have been using them almost every day. When they got really soil-caked, I washed them and they are as good as new. Many thanks!
robo
KG Regular

I never got gloves ,I received three packets of seeds which we already had
Diane
KG Regular

I never got gloves either. Just three packets of seeds. I have so many duplicate packs now - giving them away to friends and family, saying "Here - take these radish seeds and grow them"...."but I don't like radishes"...."well, have them anyway - they're free"....."I know, but I still have the three packets you gave me last week, and I still don't like radishes"...."well, have turnips instead"......etc. etc. etc. Gardening gloves would have been much more use to me.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

I got seeds too all of which I have a surplus of but they will come in useful for our library fund raising seed and plant swop later in spring.
You can never gave too many gardening gloves but I find some of them are too thick and cumbersome for fiddly jobs like seedling transplanting so I keep a supply of rubber disposable gloves handy in my potting shed area which come in very useful. They’re quite sturdy but being mindful of the need to reduce our use of plastic, I wash them and dry them on the washing line if they’re just dirty after use but otherwise in damaged.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

What puzzles me is, when they give these free gloves away, how on earth do they know what size to send with the magazine..... :wink: :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Well if your aibscription is for a ”Mrs” you probably get a small or medium size and if you’re a “Mr” you probably get the large ones, .....or it might just be a case of lucky dip !
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Also, how do they know if you are left handed, or right handed.... :? :)

Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Also, how do they know if you are left handed, or right handed.... :? :)

They can tell by the way you open the pages of the online forum

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

I think the gloves were in the magazines in the shops not subscribers delivered mag as they are a bit weighty. They have no size on them, (unless free is now a size), but I think mine may be medium - I'm a small, they are too big for fine work but not huge like some cotton ones I had previously. They are pretty good actually, the whole top of the finger tip is dipped in that rubbery stuff, then some plastic type covering for the main part of the glove and fabric at the wrist part.

You could always buy a mag for someone and get a pair to sort the left & right handed issues OH & Pa but there is no instructions for use sewn in the label! ;) ;)
IMG_2621.JPG
IMG_2621.JPG (1.91 MiB) Viewed 6804 times
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Looks like a cows udder... :)

Monika
KG Regular

I don't have a subscription but get the magazine from our village shop, on order. As Westi says, they are to 'rough' for things like sowing or pricking out but great for tougher tasks. And the size seems to be a largish medium because they fit my chunky hands!
robo
KG Regular

I'm a bit discomboomerated over my missing gloves I'm not a bit tattifilarious misses
Geoff
KG Regular

Better than footy gloves I guess.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

I also never got gloves. Maybe some sort of favorite system by the Magazine. :wink: :wink:
Primrose
KG Regular

Maybe they went to the people with the most posts on the forum !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic