At the check out

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

I'm not a great lover of Homebase but they currently have some clearance offers.

forks and spades on offer for a tenner
hand trowel or fork 2 quid

raised bed 2mt x 1 mt x 41cm
25 quid
https://www.homebase.co.uk/the-organic- ... ey_p375174

Other items shown here, you can check how much stock your local branch has
https://www.homebase.co.uk/clearance/garden-clearance

and NO I do not have any connection to Homebase, just passing on related info.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Geoff
KG Regular

While we are on shopping, I had fun yesterday. Some months ago our local Wickes was refurbished and on the re-opening day they had a good offer on a DeWalt cordless drill, it has been great so I have been looking at the rest of the family. Initially the jigsaw but Black Friday and Boxing Day sales came and nobody seemed to discount it much. Also when decorating before Christmas my cordless sander/multi-tool died but as it was under warranty and obsolete Screwfix refunded my purchase cost from 18 months ago so one of those was in the mix too. So out of the blue yesterday an email from eBay "20% off everything 12 'till 6". So I created a basket from three suppliers for saw, sander and extra battery and ordered the lot for about £60 discount. Then at 6:15 got an email to say the most expensive item was out of stock, predictably not a happy bunny as I could have used a different seller. Sent an irate message and got "out of office 21/12 to 03/01" which was rather puzzling. Raised an issue with eBay and persevered with online chat through 1½ hour wait, mood not improving as you can guess. It turned out I got the automatic out of stock email because I had taken the last one, he assures me I'll get my item at the discounted price when the seller comes back to work in January. I live in hope! The other items are out for delivery today but we have snow so maybe they won't happen either.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Fingers crossed on that then Geoff.

I went down to local Homebase after I had made the initial post for this thread but I couldn't find anything on display of the items that had taken my fancy on the website despite the website showing my local branch as having stock.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
peter
KG Regular

Of the two near to me the larger one has now rebranded as Bunnings.
The range of available stuff is much more comprehensive and has some excellent items I've not seen elsewhere. e.g. interlocking rubber matting 1m square tiles.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Geoff
KG Regular

Well neither package made it. UKMail said I was delivery 42 and just after they got to 41 got a message to say they couldn't find us, I was at the computer overlooking the road (ploughed and salted) but didn't see a van. DPD simply said delayed due to the weather.
rowbow
KG Regular

I was in the RANGE yesterday lots of good quality seeds for 99p :mrgreen:
robo
KG Regular

I'm always dubious about these so called bargains they never seem to materialize ,I looked on the home base website yesterday some of the petrol mowers were a bargain that's if they exist
Pa Snip
KG Regular

They certainly did exist at our local branch, couldn't help but notice them even though I wasn't looking for them.
Sods law that was.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic