Happy Chritmas

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Johnboy
KG Regular

A HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ON THE FORUM
I have been a member now for well over 20 years and now it is time for me to retire from making any further posts. Old as I maybe I still have my marbles but feel that there is a total lack of discusion on forum which quite frankly saddens me and smart arse quips seems to be the order of the day which don't help anybody to grow anything. I have no intention of not belonging to the forum but I have a head full of growing knowledge which seems that is no longer needed.
I wish you all a very plentiful growing year and in the years to come.
Sincerely,
Johnboy.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Happy Christmas Johnboy. I'm sorry to hear you find the forum discussions a bit shallow at the moment. We all appreciate your lifetimes' wealth of knowledge. Perhaps it's the time of the year when no one can do much outside anyway so the questions aren't cropping up.

It's good to know that there's always someone with an answer or a range of suggestions when things do raise a query.

I wish you and everyone on the forum good health and happy gardening.
Diane
KG Regular

Please don't go Johnboy. We'd miss you. As Plumpudding has said - I think it's just the time of year. Can't do much outside - it's too wet and dismal. And everyone gets a bit down, what with the lack of sunshine and grey skies.

Have a lovely Christmas and recharge your batteries. That's what I'm going to do. Then....another year...new challenges...new varieties to grow... read through the seed catalogues...be a Seed Guardian...snowdrops coming up, crocuses out...birds are nesting....and Bob's your uncle - it's Springtime again. :D
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

Dear Johnboy,
Please don’t go! Put your mood down to the time of the year and the fact that not much is happening. I think we all have to get used to the ebb and flow of the growing seasons and that probably reflects of the way some of us post.

You and your knowledgle are far too valuable to disappear. In any case, YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATIION TO LEAVE IN TRIPLICATE AND HAVE IT APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY AND I THINK YOU ARE GOING TO HIT OBSTACLES!

You are allowed to feel old and grumpy. I!m sure we all feel like that at times but YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO QUIT !

You Have a huge amount of kknowledge to impart from a professional growers viewpoint. We are all amateurs and still have a lot to learn from you.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Johnboy. Why not submit say once a month your musings on vegetables.
Westi
KG Regular

Oh Dear!

Johnboy how will I ever learn anything or anyone else learn anything without your input? Yep the feed has changed a bit to fill in the gaps & keep the forum ticking over but there are real questions as well that need your advice. We rely on the internet but it is all conflicting whereas you have been there, done it & wear the T Shirt with pride. Reconsider please!
Westi
Mouse2
KG Regular

I don't find time to come on the forum very regularly these days, and today was the first time for several weeks. Johnboy, I was shocked and saddened to see your post. Yes, a lot of our posts are very trivial, not too different from the banter that we sometimes share when working on our allotments - but there are plenty of other times when we both want and need input from experienced gardeners like yourselves, and would sorely miss your input. Please don't give up on us, Johnboy. :(
Colin2016
KG Regular

Happy Christmas.jpg
Happy Christmas.jpg (54.09 KiB) Viewed 5629 times
Primrose
KG Regular

:That will be us around 4 pm tomorrow afternoon !
Geoff
KG Regular

Haven't worked out which is the correct thread for season's greetings so this one will have to do!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OUR VIEWERS AND (ESPECIALLY) POSTERS
Diane
KG Regular

And a Merry Merry from me too....xx
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Monika
KG Regular

Hopefully, Santa Claus brought all the presents you had hoped for - now enjoy the remainder of the festivities!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic