Weeding advice.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Just make one - or in January's mag on Pg 77 there is a 2 in 1 sieve given a review. Caught my eye but might be a bit small for your needs but you could easily copy that idea on a larger scale with what is available in most DIY stores.
Westi
Monika
KG Regular

Years ago my OH built two wooden frames the size of the top of our wheelbarrow, one with large mesh, one with small mesh (available from builders' merchants). You just sit the frame you want on top of the wheelbarrow, the good stuff falls through, the rubbish stays on top. By having two different gauges, you can choose whichever is appropriate for the task in hand.
jeff64
KG Regular

I did exactly the same Monika, used 20mm square wire did all my allotment and it,s still in good fettel!
robo
KG Regular

I made a slightly smaller one with 10 mms square mesh I then bought one with a rotary handle similar to a Clarks one, it just depends how much soil you have to sieve
Colin2016
KG Regular

How much time do you have? If 6 moths check out Charles Dowding no dig approach.
rowbow
KG Regular

On building sites in the early sixties, they used a grading frame, an "A" frame with mesh on one side, then just chuck a shovel full of sand and gravel at it, the larger stones would roll down the front, I have made one for my plot to remove stones from my sandy soil you can move it around where needed and fold it flat when not in use, I used 1/2" weld mesh. :D
peter
KG Regular

Abracadabra made a post with a link to an American price comparison site for weedkillers, they gone!
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
robo
KG Regular

How did you do it Peter ,abracadabra vamoosh
peter
KG Regular

KG Web team gave moderators an expunging tool, delete a user and all their posts in one go. :twisted:
Used to be tedious getting rid of the dodgy posts, not any more.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Westi
KG Regular

You sound really excited by the upgrade like we did - well when we got our head around it obviously!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic