Hooray....

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

...I've managed to get out into the garden and had a good tidy up. Now the garden bin is full up so had to stop. Feeling smug :lol:
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Seen the shingles off then hopefully. GOOD !!

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well done Diane, that is good news...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Good news Diane! You'll be tired for sure after your enforced break - but it will be the best type of tired!
Westi
Monika
KG Regular

Good for you, Diane! You can sink into bed tonight and think of your lovely tidy garden ........ (Any chance of you coming up to Yorkshire and doing the same for us?)
Primrose
KG Regular

I think Pa Snip has already booked her services first!
Diane
KG Regular

No, alas I still have the shingles...it came back....but the medicines are so strong that I can cope now, whilst they are working. Down side is that they seem to have turned parts of my brain into fuzzy felt at times :? However, the urge to garden can overcome that small obstacle, in small doses.

I was attempting to use the electric hand whisk the other day, to whisk up a batter. The said batter was a bit thick and started to work it's way up the stem of the whisk so I lifted the whisk up out of the bowl to have a look - completely forgetting it was still whirring around at a rate of knots...and, of course, ended up with batter all over my face and front, kitchen walls, floor - everywhere. I don't think I'll try that again!
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Throw salt at the walls, then claim compensation as a victim of a salt and batter
There's bound to be a support group

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

Pa, we should be seeing you on some kind of clever TV word game !

That does remind me of the few occasions when I,ve been zapping up home made soups with my stick blender to reduce them to a total liquid form to store in plastic milk bottles for the freezer. If you don’t keep the whizzy works bit firmly on the bottom of the pan you can end up with it going everywhere!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Do you all remember me telling you about, when cook had hold of the blades of the hand blender and turned it on.....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

Would that be the cook known as cook two fingers
Westi
KG Regular

I doubt you can blame the shingles Diane! We have all done it! You do have to clean up fast though - amazing how quickly batters & soups dry on laminate & tiles - & how much harder it is to clean off when it does!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic