Shingles.....

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

I might have been in contact with children with chicken pox, but I'm think I had the pox myself when I was a child, hence the shingles now.

Re...the flu jab - I had that as well, a couple of years ago, but still managed to get flu....not just normal flue...I managed to get Swine flu followed by pneumonia (and I'm sure I had a pneumonia jab a few years ago too). I just seem to be a bit unlucky. :(
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
robo
KG Regular

I used to have the flu jab but one year I caught flu after having it now I don't bother but I think I'm being stupid as if you get flu you are in bed for a few weeks I'm talking about flu not the sniffles some people think flu is
Diane
KG Regular

I agree Robo - if you have the flu then you bloomin' well do know about it. Lasts for months and affects most of the organs in the body - not just the lungs and chest. It affects the liver and all the other giblets and bits :shock:
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Westi
KG Regular

Think carefully about the flu jab this year!

We get the strain of flu that covers the southern hemisphere before it comes to us. Australia had 100's of deaths and 100,000's of cases this year, our vaccination is based on this one, but it would have evolved again by the time it reaches us, so won't offer 'total' protection & never can, only helps us fight it off by building our immunity to some of it's genetics. It's also a dead virus jab this year so it takes your body up to 3 weeks to build up immunity.

We then send it back to them but it's modified again. It's one clever little organism & the one that will eventually sort out earth's over population - not in our time hopefully! ;)
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic