Postage & Packing aka Delivery Charges

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

robo
KG Regular

I don't ordered and potatoes from any of the online shops I like to see what I'm buying ,I do order other things online I think I'm Amazon's biggest customer I hate shopping and crowds ordering on line is for me but not things for growing
Colin2016
KG Regular

Just ordered some seeds which are coming from Serbia.

Uk was 5 seeds 99p including p&p or Serbia 15 seeds £1.49 including p&p so went with Serbia.

Lets hope they arrive ok & are good.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

That sounds good value Colin. I've noticed that they are much more generous with their seeds abroad than our stingy companies. I don't like to waste them but it is nice to get a big fat packet of seeds you can share or use for a year or two. I've had some excellent ones from China and Thailand and some good European ones too. Moles seeds usually have plenty in them in this country and are better value than the few seeds In garden centre packets. Suppose it's just optimising their profits.
Westi
KG Regular

Blimey Colin - where did you find seeds from Serbia? I am generally happy with wherever they come from but my French garlic that came from China was rubbish. (Amazon) Got a cute little charm though that as it happens turned out better than the garlic as people notice it & comment & I'm pretty sure there have been no dragons on the plot either! :)
Westi
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

You were certainly being optimistic buying French garlic from China via Amazon Westi. :) I've had some great results from Chinese seeds I've brought back as their climate is similar to ours in a lot of places but I've not brought any garlic back. There are lots of different garlic varieties in the markets but they sell them a lot smaller than in our shops.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Colin2016
KG Regular

Was after Long Keeper tomatoes after listening to podcast and they came up on Ebay.
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Pa!

Yep been stung by that new lot of rules a few years back. I used to be able to buy seeds from Australia, but they have set similar rules about their exports so even proper seeds in foil backs & branded firms can no longer be exported out of Australia as want to protect their varieties - should I advise them Greyhound cabbage is not exclusively 'Australian'? I'm sure they would be all over Amazon if they were sneaking anything in illegally & the company I got the garlic from are still on their site. (I didn't realise they were from China - I naively & innocently bought French Garlic).
Westi
Colin2016
KG Regular

Seeds from Serbia arrived today...Seeds ordered on same day from uk company yet to arrive.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Just looked at an email from a well known seed merchant. 15 veg plants with P&P £13;40. That is 89p each. Might be cheaper for Harrods to deliver the end product. :? :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic