Mid Autumn Bits and Bobs 2017.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Monika, that is wonderful news.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

I swear if I receive another promotional email about Black Friday special deals I shall explode. Its getting bad as Christmas . It really makes me want to curl up and hibernate until it’s all over and it’s safe to emerge again.
How can we be a nation allegedly still in austerity when so many millions of pounds are spent on all this stuff ?
robo
KG Regular

Went and bought four point of lay chickens today , we have eight but since the polecat attacks earlier in the year they have been laying in fits and starts ,part of our eight were 3 sussex bantams more of a show birds than an egg layer these went broodie if you looked at them the wrong way ,one of the lads down the allotment wanted a broodie Bird to sit on some eggs he has now got 3
tigerburnie
KG Regular

I've been down the garden to feed the birds and then came back inside, building a bridge in the loft on my railway instead.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

First snow here. Only a sprinkle but looks very wintry.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Bright sunlight, autumnal colours, leaves on the ground, frost on the bushes.
Cracking morning. All is almost right with my world

At least it would be IF ONLY I had woken up early enough to make the trip to Tring in Hertfordshire that I had intended this morning to get pictures of Tornado passing through before I go to the plot today.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not a weather Tornado, nor a Tornado plane. This was Tornado the steam locomotive.
Last edited by Pa Snip on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

Hailstone , bitter cold with strong winds not a nice day
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Our hills have a dusting of snow again, but just a hard frost at the coast.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Went to plot, daughter and son in law been working hard, they've laid slabs on paths and eliminated many weeds.

Despite 4 thermal layers plus a body warmer the light wind was biting, given I do not want more treatment delays I decided not to risk a chill and returned home. Shame because it really is a nice day here

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Monika
KG Regular

Woke up to snow but the sun soon melted it. Hoping to spend just a bit of time on the allotment tomorrow, weather permitting.
Westi
KG Regular

Cold but beautiful here today & looking good for tomorrow so hopefully can crack on with a few more chores at lottie. Itching for a bit of a burn so hopefully wind will be kind. Pa, don't worry about a chill on lottie but stay away from people & their associated germs, so missing the tornado could have been fortunate.
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It was lovely and warm in my big greenhouse yesterday, potted the last 100 of the hyacinths up......
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:It was lovely and warm in my big greenhouse yesterday, potted the last 100 of the hyacinths up......

WOW OH 100 Hyacinths !!!! .............................that's Bouquet loads

jeff64
KG Regular

Went out yesterday to Thorsby park, had a falconry lesson bought me for my birthday,the weather was very cold but when you have got a full grown golden eagle on your arm you don,t give the weather a second thought, AWSOME!
tigerburnie
KG Regular

I was a falconer many moons ago, I had a Saker which was lure bound, so we just flew for fun, sadly after 8 years she succumbed to disease and had to be put to sleep. I would love a Goshawk, but they really are a huge commitment and I might just be getting to auld to chase through woods and over fences after wayward hawks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic