Mid Autumn Bits and Bobs 2017.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

jeff64
KG Regular

At least you have experienced it tigerburnie, think of all the memories, i envy you
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Got some photos somewhere, I'll see if I can find them, in the loft I think.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
robo
KG Regular

We used to have a corner shop in a place called whiston it's a suburb of Liverpool but not a nice place , most Sunday mornings one of the local lads used to come in with a Harris hawk on his arm he always bought one of our brekkie barms not sure wether it was for him or his bird
Westi
KG Regular

Weather was nippy (2.5c), but sunny & windless. I got my burn done - well eventually after things thawed a bit, but by then I had cleared behind the shed of nettles & brambles from the hedge row, disposed of the dead rat (gross) & had a general tidy up. Leaves all raked up & half the Jerusalem stems cleared & all of the asparagus bed.

I resisted the mega Mr Westi burn and made a small fire that I kept topping up with the stems and even got rid of the fruit tree pruning. Job well done - shame about the weeding, but that will still be there next week.
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Checked my remaining leeks and think I’ll probably have to dig them up and burn them as bugs seem to have turned them all mushy.

Checked my lettuces under open ended cloches to see if they had survived last night’ s frost. Thankfully they had. Spotted a chaffinch perched amid the greenery with its wings all spread out. Thought it was Ill or dying but it flew off as soon as I tried to remove the cloche. I think it was just sunbathing in a sunny spot out of the wind !
Monika
KG Regular

Frosty morning here but just right to harvest some veggies on the allotment (flower sprouts, celeriac and leeks) and to take off the large black plastic which has been on the 2018 brassica bed and its manure covering. I think I'll let the elements do the breaking down of the manure. The black plastic is now on the vegetable bed at home where I have dug in the green manure and also spread a lot of our own compost with hundreds of worms. Hopefully, the worms will now do their job under the plastic.
peter
KG Regular

Purple curly Kale with Roast chicken this evening.

Relocated original wood store today as first practical step of a shed extension.
The amount of shuffling stuff around to achieve this was more than it should've been.
Much like the reason for the extension, to do a job with a specific tool I have to excavate it, tidy up to be able to do the job, excavate to pack it away....... you get the picture. It's more storage shed than work shed.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Locked Previous topicNext topic