Garlic Podcast Problem ?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Anybody else having issues trying to open Podcast 26 about Garlic, sent out by email on 18/10/17

Link appears to be broken

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Obviously I am the only one affected.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Geoff
KG Regular

Never get any offers of podcasts, do you have to sign up, do they work on a PC?
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've not seen any podcasts either. I'd be interested to know how you do.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I rarely get a podcast, and up until now I have never tried to open one. What I usually get is a notification of an article such as this

http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/-RoyalHo ... ?el=621772

They arrive by email and I assumed they were part of subscribing as they come from Kitchen Garden Subs Club

Westi
KG Regular

Never opened any Pa so can't comment, but I did manage to open your link.
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Hi Westi, that wasn't the link I am having problems with. I just attached it as an example of the posts I get.

This is the link I cannot get to load.

http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/-Podcast ... ?el=620662

Scroll down that page and there is a 'Play' button near the bottom

robo
KG Regular

I opened it no problem pa snip off your last link I pressed play on the bottom and got an advert from land rover I then terminated it
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Thanks robo

I am guessing then that it doesn't like my browser version

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Case proved, it works on Chrome.
Pass on why the Land Rover element is there, it plays no part of the podcast

robo
KG Regular

It's probably the usual ten second advert when I see them I always terminate the conection
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Hi robo

The Land Rover picture stays there throughout with a part of the Kitchen Garden picture partly obscured by it., the podcast about the garlic is purely audio.

No matter, I have resolved the problem I had with it, thanks.
It seems to me as not many who actually have signed up as members receive those emails and use the forum

Geoff
KG Regular

I've logged into the main website, it knew who I was and accepted the password I expected so I have a functioning account on it. I can't see anywhere to edit a profile or something similar to say I accept emails and/or podcasts so I guess I'll continue to not receive anything.
Westi
KG Regular

Picture of the Land Rover was very distracting & shame it was just audio, but I don't think we missed out anything too revealing.
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Westi wrote:Picture of the Land Rover was very distracting & shame it was just audio, but I don't think we missed out anything too revealing.

I agree

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic