Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

If I walk face first into one more giant spider web with a Shelob guarding her lair - and her lair getting all wrapped up round my face - with said Shelob scuttling angrily around in my hair....Well....I 'll just thcream and thcream!! :shock: I'm trying to sort out my pots here!!
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

That's funny because today I walked into my potting shed area to stack away a few loose pots and found my way completely blocked by a huge immaculate cobweb which had a large spider lurking in the centre. Since he'd obviously been working hard all day to complete this, (it wasn't there yesterday) I didn,t have the heart to destroy it before he'd had a chance to catch his supper.
So I left the pots unstacked and left him to his devices. How soft can you get? :lol:

It's bad enough having Jimmy, our jumbo resident bathroom spider who seems to live down the bath plughole. He has to be carefully lifted out and moved elsewhere to,prevent him being drowned before anybody can have a bath !!

Incidentally who believes that keeping conkers in the house discourages spiders ? I keep hearing this but have no idea whether it's true or not. There are always plenty of them in our house ..... (spiders, not conkers!)
robo
KG Regular

I walked out of our front door yesterday morning on my way to the plot ,in front of me on the path was the biggest slug I've seen for sometime before I had chance to jump on it the dog had it he slapped his paw right on top there was nothing left to recognise he then went and stood at the rear of the car waiting for me to open the door he never sniffed it or attempted to do anything with it , you are talking about a dog that was trained to kill spiders by my daughter as she was frightened to death of them
Pa Snip
KG Regular

robo, this may have been one of the huge Spanish slugs that are encroaching across the UK.

The way to tell, if you were in earshot, is when the dog trod on it did you hear something that sounded like 'O lay'

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

No pa snip it was more like ooooooh bugger
Primrose
KG Regular

Oh dear, I Googled and yes these are the ones I!ve had invade my garden like the Spanish Amanda this summer. Any future ones will definitely find themselves being downed in a bucket of soapy water. I hate the thought of killing any creature really but the birds and the frogs won't touch them because of the huge amount of slime they produce.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gi ... ix-5471698
robo
KG Regular

Primrose get a dog haha
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic