Other uses for fruit and vegetables

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

I needed to darn a woollen sweater of my husband's this afternoon and realised that not being a traditional "sock darning" individual, I didn,t possess a wooden darning mushroom which would have made the task easier.
I was debating this dilemma when my eye wandered to a couple of small butternut squashes ripening on the lounge window sill. I have to report that one of them fulfilled this function perfectly adequately ! :D
It caused me to wonder what other weird or wonderful uses fruits and vegetables might have been put to over the passage of time.
Mouse2
KG Regular

Ingenious :lol:
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Long time ago now but as young kids searching through bright red cherries to find two pairs on stems to use as ear rings, long before the days of Pat Butcher :lol:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic