Village Shows -any tips or observations?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

Ah Mouse, The Goodwill Fairy of Unexpected Consequences was obviously looking after you. Perhaps she's also blind in one eye so missed any imperfections :lol: (or maybe she just wanted to throw a small spanner into the works and sit back and have a chuckle).
Monika
KG Regular

Well done, Mouse, even though the circumstances were sad for you and your family .....
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Mouse, sorry to hear about your difficult time, but you must be so proud of your family saving the day for you! What a gesture of love.
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Mouse, you have made us all smile, even though you are going through tough times....now that does take a very special person indeed.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Mouse2
KG Regular

I have been back home for a couple of weeks now, following three weeks at my mum's, helping sort things out, but it was only a few days ago (in the middle of the night!) that a thought suddenly came into my head - over the summer I had been keeping some spare daffodil bulbs in my shed, ready to give to daughter-in-law when it was time to plant them, but I didn't remember seeing them since I returned. Next morning I went to check, and sure enough they were missing.
It turns out that my sons thought that the bulbs were shallots and took them to the village show along with all the actual 'show' veg that I had left in the shed. Not surprisingly, they couldn't find a class to enter them in, but still hadn't twigged what they were. Fortunately, they hadn't got around to cooking and eating any of them yet :lol:
Westi
KG Regular

Funny Mouse! More educational input needed with the family! x
Westi
Mouse2
KG Regular

Definitely, Westi
Actually, they all enjoyed the show so much that I'm hoping I might be able to get them involved in the growing (and digging!!!) too next season. There's nothing to beat sowing and growing when it comes to learning to recognise what's food and what's not :lol:
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Mouse!

I think they may have caught the bug by showing for you (don't tell them the amount of real hard work that takes)! They would have felt that buzz of showing, it is quite contagious so you may find you have more help than previously!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic