Early Autumn Bits and Bobs - 2017

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

i am dead impressed with the accuracy of the forecasts nowadays. Many a time the rain arrives almost to the minute as forecast, certainly much more accurate than in years gone past. The only trouble with our area is that we might be in Yorkshire, considered to be in north-east England, whereas we are much nearer the Irish Sea than the North Sea, so tend to follow the Lancashire forecasts.
Geoff
KG Regular

I set myself as Slaidburn Youth Hostel otherwise it defaults to Bentham and hence Yorkshire.
robo
KG Regular

Our is easy just set it for the area of the town I live in ,the wind forecast is not very accurate not when you use it for going out to sea
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Just cut the grass again, how come everything else has stopped growing except weeds and grass? lol.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Monika
KG Regular

We spent all morning on the allotment, mainly tidying up and digging in the first lot of green manure which had grown prolifically where the pheasants hadn't got to the seeds.
We also covered the rhubarb with manure and made a second sweet pea trench with crumpled newspaper, home-made compost (teeming with worms!) and manure. Next job will be to strip back the comfrey patch and compost it. The whole place is looking rather autumnal .....
Time for Mid-Autumn Bits and Bobs, OH?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic