I'm giving it up...

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

...just for a month. Wine drinking. There, I've said it now so I'll have to abide by it. Getting fed up with feeling a bit hangover-y in the morning, although I only have one glass a night (well, sometimes two at the weekend). :(
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

Oh dear that,s a little drastic for relaxing summer eveninga overa nice meal.
However if you are stuck for something different to try as an apéritif I can recommend a splash of Bottle Green's coconut & Lime cordial with tonic water, or even with chilled sparkling water.
I think the art of giving up wine is to find some substitute non alcoholic beverage that somehow gives an interesting flavour or kick so you don,t miss the effect of the alcohol.

Good luck, but I can,t promise i will be joining you - well, not every day anyhow!
tigerburnie
KG Regular

I don't drink Malt Whisky unless there's an "R" in the month, gives my liver, kidneys and wallet a rest
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Diane
KG Regular

Ooh - I like the sound of coconut and lime mixed with tonic. Thank you. (off to the shops now to get some).
retropants
KG Regular

I gave up wine after the 2nd of June, I have noticed absolutely no difference to my health whatsoever, I think it's high time I had a glass!
Diane
KG Regular

Oh, gosh darn it Retropants - there was I thinking I was doing myself some good. :(
richard p
KG Regular

feeling a bit hangovery in the morning is just as likely to be due to not drinking enough water the day before.

an alcohol induced hangover is due to the alcohol using all the water in the blood to break itself down.... a pint of water before bed after a session can avoid a hangover the following morning.
robo
KG Regular

I've just got home after a hard day down the plot I'm sipping one of my five a day a glass of cider , I can't see me managing another four I'm to tired
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Love a glass of still cloudy cider,most refreshing drink when you're hot and bothered, that and a can of Irn Bru(not in the same glass though)
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Diane
KG Regular

Irn Bru - now that's one drink I've yet to try.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic