Mid Summer Bits and Bobs - 2017.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Two

Would have to be a huge rat to drag right away from the plot a 6ft tall cane with two large cobs on and make it disappear completely.
I'm not the first to have had small amounts pinched this year. Hasn't happened in last 5 years. Someone is not closing & locking gate when last out.

I am tempted to get a couple of outdoor wildlife cameras.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

I bought one for the same reason then I thought what if they walked of with the camera I would be over a £100 out of pocket as against a few bobs worth of veg , I then thought I will spend a couple of nights in the shed armed with my very large hammer shaft then the wife stepped in told me to get real it's only a bit of veg says she but not in my mind it's not
Pa Snip
KG Regular

robo wrote:I bought one for the same reason then I thought what if they walked of with the camera I would be over a £100 out of pocket as against a few bobs worth of veg , I then thought I will spend a couple of nights in the shed armed with my very large hammer shaft then the wife stepped in told me to get real it's only a bit of veg says she but not in my mind it's not

It's a principle.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Pa!

Hmmm??? Like my apple trees harvest - all at human height taken, those lower & higher still on the tree! I'd say 2 legged with your corn as 4 legged don't usually break it but can take the corn & leave plant intact!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Some years ago I had a problem with my tomatoes ,every one that turned red where left on the truss half eaten it only happened up to the third truss after that they were ok , I was working long hours at the time it was usually late on in the day when I had chance to water and inspect them one day I came home early I went down to the greenhouse only to see my three year old daughter stretching up to eat a tomato she did not pull it off the truss but nibbled it were it was she was not tall enough to reach the fourth truss
Primrose
KG Regular

Could be rats but possibly squirrels although I've been picking my sweetcorn from the garden over the past week and as I,ve cleared a particular plant I've been pulling it up out of the ground and they're pretty firmly anchored and not at all easy to remove which suggests it may possibly have been a human at work.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic