Air Ambulance

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

My wife had an encounter with one of these in Finland, after she and a family friends son were struck by lightning on Sana Fell. One minute they were running to shelter, the next she came round twenty foot away in the rocks to see our friends son motionless. His heart had stopped and he wasn't breathing, she sorted that and eventually an AA took him to a Norwegian hospital with a burns unit, he had all over flash burns and it was the closest with a burns unit.

My wife is going back to Finland in a few weeks, she is much more nervous about lightning then before the incident and has a nervousness about helicopters, so when our local one announced its 20th birthday bash coinciding with a new, bigger and faster helicopter, we went along to confront the nerves head on.

A great morning at Audley End House & Gardens (English Heritage).

Our Allotment Society supports them with an annual donation, in the hope our members never need them, but just in case. :P

DSCN0661.JPG
DSCN0661.JPG (3.6 MiB) Viewed 1547 times

DSCN0667.JPG
DSCN0667.JPG (3.23 MiB) Viewed 1547 times

DSCN0642.JPG
DSCN0642.JPG (3.32 MiB) Viewed 1547 times
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Diane
KG Regular

Glad your wife was ok and hope that the friend's son is recovering from his burns. What a horrible thing to have happened. Lovely pictures though - did you wife get a ride in the new helicopter? I agree - the Air Ambulance folk are to be commended on their essential work.
Last edited by Diane on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Johnboy
KG Regular

I live 25 miles from the nearest A&E and when I had a heart attack I would have been a goner without the Air Ambulance and since then they get a hefty donation every year. I also help financially with the updating and New landing pads. I feel that every penny is well spent.
May I urge everybody who reads this to give as generously you can.
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic