Nothing Worse Than Having The Wind On The Plot

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

A visit to the plot today gave me wind.
Very noisy wind at that.

I had gone to check if all had survived yesterdays very heavy downpour.
I had left 3pcs of 3ft 6 x 2ft glass, leaning upright against one of the tall beds.

Today, after the wind had subsided I picked up two bucket loads of glass shards including some that had ended up on my neighbours plot, which then got taken to the recycling bins at local shops.
Did me a favour in a way, saves me trying to think how they could be safely useful

It's an ill wind

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Monika
KG Regular

My sympathies, PaSnip. It's been bad here, too. We checked this morning and, luckily, it was just a few brassicas clean broken off and the fleece round the dwarf beans blown down, shame about the first and fixed the second. But one of our allotment neighbours lost a small polytunnel and a fruit cage and others had damaged superstructures. It's calming down tonight and tomorrow there'll be more rain - goodie.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Was well windy this morning but has calmed during day. Managed to remove a mountain of water cress which I have left by side of pond for now so any insects that came out can get back into water

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

Should not use glass on a plot unless it's toughened that's one reason I don't like greenhouses most are glazed with 3mm glass and it's deadly not a thing to have over your head
Westi
KG Regular

One half of one of my runner frames was blown down as stupid me had not tied the two top canes together but diligently had anchored the other half to the fence so it remained standing. Fortunately it was the end I put seeds in so they weren't climbing!
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

:) Westi, fancy them blowing over, you had sat on the fence for ages deciding how to plan them :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic