General Election

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

Geoff wrote:Mark Twain

There is no evidence that any person originally said it.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Westi
KG Regular

Now who is looking after Jeremy's plot now he is out on the campaign trail? Who strimmed the paths? Best not be me Mrs taxpayer paying for that! But actually someone strimmed the front of my lottie as well today - maybe same good citizen & I can relax! ;) Bit of a journey but doable!

Anyone found a neutral TV channel for tomorrow? I've been scanning but still looking like channel hopping to me & I might get stuck confirming the obvious result in some areas but that would ruin the all day feedback on Friday! Got that covered though - going down to the quay (weather permitting) for whitebait with brown bread & butter! Wonder who the whitebait are voting for?
Westi
Johnboy
KG Regular

Channel 4 later on no doubt taking the P155 out of it all.
I'm prepared to emigrate if it doesn't go my way.
JB.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Westi wrote: going down to the quay (weather permitting) for whitebait with brown bread & butter! Wonder who the whitebait are voting for?

Whitebait will be voting for John West, because John West only selects the best to be in kitchen cabinet.

If only this subject would go away after today, but I fear not as we shall have analysis of this and that.

Ahhh the bliss of being an allotmenteer. A place where escapism has a useful end result.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Off to get my endoscopy today, so that should occupy me for a few hours away from all the politics.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Geoff
KG Regular

I wonder if they discover self portraits when they examine politicians?
Pa Snip
KG Regular

tigerburnie wrote:Off to get my endoscopy today, so that should occupy me for a few hours away from all the politics.

Good luck with that.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Tony Hague
KG Regular

Shallot Man wrote:I see on the TV this morning, that Jeremy has an allotment. Now that is a photograph I would love to see.

And I'm confident in his ability to cultivate cabbages... but can any of them steer a route out of the hole the British public have landed us in ?

BTW, don't know about politicians, but I heard of a bloke who got the police to dig his plot over quite thoroughly.
alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Geoff wrote:Please see my amended post above - not the place.

Spot on Geoff. Well done for admitting it.

Surprised the subject has been allowed to continue when the magazine and site are not remotely dedicated to the subject of politics except when it directly affects or is related to those who are smallholders, allotment holders or have a keen interest in growing fruit & veg. .

Only 24 hours to go and most of the results should be in, hopefully we will then avoid politics and not start on religion or brexit.

oh, and if you happen to disagree with me ............................... "see my face"

you are entitled to your opinion on the election, I just don't wish to hear it on this forum thanks.
Last edited by Pa Snip on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

richard p
KG Regular

im generally bored by politics.... cant remember when i voted for someone cos i thought they were good , more a case of voting to keep the other plonker out cos theyre a damn sight worse.
alan refail
KG Regular

Today is the 104th anniversary of the death of the suffragette Emily Davison, one of the people who fought for the right to vote. Make sure you vote for someone today.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... derby-1913
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Should be compulsory, but have a voting box added saying. None of the above. At least it would be counted.
Westi
KG Regular

Thanks for the reminder Alan! But there are still folk in the world who will never get the chance to have a voice!

Maybe it should be compulsory like it is in Australia, then the arguments afterwards have less credence - the population have voted, not just those that could be bothered?
Westi
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Pa Snip wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Off to get my endoscopy today, so that should occupy me for a few hours away from all the politics.

Good luck with that.

It was a tad brutal still sore and passing nearly as much wind as some of the political analysts, watching Frankie Boyle instead.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic