Article I am planning on writing

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

richard p
KG Regular

i use cloves when necessary , usually protection from thorns or stinging nettles, either from toolstation.... http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p74361?searchstr=gloves ... 1.28 per pair or whatever similar the pound shop had when i last went to town...(.once since xmas)

slightly off track .... have you noticed that paint ruins clothing but washes off skin easily.
Geoff
KG Regular

i use cloves

Good against vampires too allegedly.
Diane
KG Regular

And whitefly.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Pawty
KG Regular

Hi,

I always wear gloves - I have rhs leather ones which were a gift and various others but my favourite are from Aldi - I buy a few pairs to cover the year when they are in.

Always wear wellies - I'm a hunter fan (sorry), but The fit is perfect for me and they come in fantastic colours!!!! Love my pink wellies!

But on a serious note, when I wear flip flops if just dropping in to water, I always get bit by red ants which are really painful. So I always wear trousers for the same reason (usual walking trousers as water proof, stretchy and lightweight- decathlon are great value and well made).

Then usually layers which is really important - vest t shirt with a shirt - you think it's cold and then you start digging!

Pawty
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I don't wear strong gloves, nor do I wear safety shoes, boots or wellies. Strong gloves and wellies first for criticism. The only time I wear strong gloves, they are usually thick and hard work for my hands but essential when pruning and messing with sea buckthorne, brambles and other thorny stuff. Otherwise rubber fronted with knitted backs are good for me. I have always intended to buy Kevlar gloves to replace my heavies but the heavies never wore out because I have little use for them.

Wellies, ok if you are wading in water but not for general walking and working. A lot of people never migrated from wellies to walking shoes and boots, their feet must be hard as nails. Wellies are olden days wear though lightweight wellies made from the same stuff as Crocks are good particularly with good insoles. Lightweight walking boots that are waterproof and good for walking through almost six inches of water are long lasting and sensible wear compared to wellies.

Lighten your load, ditch your wellies. Pink or otherwise.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic