Chelsea 2017

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

Tracey Ermin's bed comes to mind ! When I think of the vast cost of transporting all that stone from Malta as well as the construction costs I think the whole thing was was a waste of money. Perhaps Next year the RHS should have a different theme altogether and bring some reality back into being. Make all the plots the size of the average surburbwn garden and set an overall budget of £2000. The big designers would stay away but anybody can create a garden with an unlimited budget. It might be a greater test of their ability to work within much narrower constraints and also encourage the average Joe blogs gardener to think he could actually achieve something interesting with a little time and effort.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I enjoyed seeing the process and thinking behind Charlotte Harris's garden and the colours and perfection of the Japanese man's garden. Chris Beardshaw's looked like a proper garden but he went a bit Arty Farty over the link to music. I prefer birdsong to Beethoven and Mozart in the garden but he was trying to impress us with how clever he is.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Looking at one of the winning garden designs, reminded me of tank traps in WW2.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Maybe they know something we don't Shallot Man... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Lost interest after Tuesday, not watched it since.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic