Time for Malvern Spring ................

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

...................... Not one of the mineral water springs .................................... the Malvern RHS Spring Show next weekend 11th > 14th May. (Thursday 11th is 'Gold' day and damn expensive to get in !!)

Is anybody going ??

Will be there on Friday (all being well). Changed to Saturday due to lack of dog sitter availability on Friday.

KG ADMIN Will there be a KG stand ??

Not as big as the Malvern Autumn show, but enjoyable nonetheless. Hopefully DT Brown will be there as need to replace some seed varieties.

AMENDED DAY If anyone going Saturday and fancies a tea or coffee with Mrs S and I send me a private message
Last edited by Pa Snip on Fri May 05, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Pa Snip, i wish i was going Friday, but i'm always so busy at this time of the year.....it would have been really nice to have met up with you both.
Hopefully you will add some photos to this thread when you have been.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

To far for us and to busy with dailey trips to the hospital
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Will watch it on tv, give us a wave
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

:lol:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

If we see Pa and Ma Snip on the TV, it will be them buying the Carrot seed..... :)

robo
KG Regular

I think he might be after some giant marrow seeds
Pa Snip
KG Regular

OH & robo, you two are wags !!!!!

Any filming for TV will no doubt be finished by Saturday.
I suspect most will be filmed on Thursday, with a little on Friday perhaps.

However you never know, have been caught out by TV cameras before. ( cough, ermmmm not CCTV camera dodgy footage !!!!!! )

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Crimewatch...... :)

Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Crimewatch...... :)

CHEEKY !!! lol

If you want to catch me on camera be Shaw to keep 'em peeled

robo
KG Regular

I was once on tv, it was a police bad driving program at least my car was on tv not me personally , I was accused of passing a book through my car window to another car overtaking me I did not get stopped by the police it was obvious it was my car as it had a distinctive graphics on it and I was towing my boat at the time anyway why would I pass a book to an overtaking car it was a bacon butty it was very early in the morning with no other vehicles around and on a dual carriageway the A55 to be precise
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Does the A55 lead to Malvern then ? :roll:

robo I am appalled you took such risk. That could have lead to the demise and waste of a perfectly good sandwich :( :) :)

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Did you get to the Malvern show in the end, Pa Snip?

Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Did you get to the Malvern show in the end, Pa Snip?

Yes indeed OH
I am not going to enthuse dramatically about it.It was ok, but despite the area it covered it did not have the sort of things I was looking for there.
KG had not bothered answering my question as to whether they were going to be there I did not find them so assume they were not.
In fact there was only one magazine there, selling two most recent copies with loads free seeds for £3

Lots and lots of nurseries had stands there selling plants, but trying to find anyone selling veg plants was like panning for gold.
I found one, and I would not have purchased a single plant from them despite the word 'organic'.
in fact that seemed a excuse for gross pricing.
Piddly little tomato plants about 2 > 3 inches £1:50 each
Peas in 6 section module trays, very few plants growing in each of the 6 sections, some only 3 plants £3:50 per tray.

We arrived there about 1oam and left at 4pm, me cream crackered after all that walking. As a result I've not done a lot today.

I did at least find one stand selling some spring clips I was looking for.

Mrs S, being more interested in the floral side than me had already got tickets for today and has gone back today with a car full of friends from work. They call themselves the branch gardening club.

Would I go to the spring show again, well even if I am still around the answer is no. Mrs S will for sure.
In my opinion the autumn show is bigger, better and just far superior with a wide cross section of things > INCLUDING Veg :lol: and all sorts for ALL members of the family.
Hopefully I will make that one again this year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic