Full blown Spring Bits and Bobs. - 2017

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

Well Robo's predictive texting has got me down as "Promise" !! I shall have to watch out for my female reputation !
robo
KG Regular

Sorry primrose I normally check everything but with what's going on in my and my wife's lives at present I am having to rush everything ,still only another eleven visits to clatterbridge hospital
Primrose
KG Regular

Robo. I was only joking! Life must be very trying for you both at the moment and I just hope your visits have a successful outcome. One learns in situations like yours that a "boring" life where nothing of event seems to happen is almost something to be envied. Hang on in there!
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Enjoyed the article at the back of the July issue about tea bags.

My personal experience is Typhoo bags do break down eventually, but it takes years.
PG Tips pyramid bags take far longer to even begin to break down, if they do at all.

For a number of years now I have tried to remember to split the bags so the tea dust comes out either directly on the plot or on a compost heap, I don't feel I can call the contents of a tea bag 'leaves'

Must dash, I'm under a promise :roll:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Geoff
KG Regular

I must try harder to search out leaf tea at a sensible price, we have been using these dreadful things for about a year now. Guess I am going to start finding their remains all over the garden like I do the twinkly bits from having shredded non-degradable window envelopes.
snooky
KG Regular

My Daughter wants to know why I,m growing a "willy" in the garden!?

This fungus appeared overnight.
IMG_6009.JPG
IMG_6009.JPG (993.56 KiB) Viewed 3470 times
IMG_6009.JPG
IMG_6009.JPG (993.56 KiB) Viewed 3470 times
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I tear the tea bags up before I put them in the wormery and they process them very well. There are sometimes a few left if I put too many in but generally they all get broken down. I've not read the article yet. I don't read the new magazine until it is more timely. July jobs before the end of May is silly.
Last edited by PLUMPUDDING on Fri May 26, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

I notice that both Marshall's and Unwins have the same 20% discount code No: for this coming weekend LMBH17.
Monika
KG Regular

"Teapigs", a relative newcomer on the herbal tea scene, carry lovely tea (proper leaves and seeds, not 'dust') but their supposedly biodegradable teabags are like plastic which are not likely to break down for years, so they need opening and emptying into the compost, rather a chore.

The fungus, by the way, Snookie, is a common stinkhorn, aptly called Phallus impudicus!
peter
KG Regular

Pa Snip wrote:...
PG Tips pyramid bags take far longer to even begin to break down, if they do at all.

Sphinx brand take about the same time. :wink:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Pa Snip
KG Regular

peter wrote:
Pa Snip wrote:...

Sphinx brand take about the same time. :wink:

Pat Phoenix used to work for them

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
tigerburnie
KG Regular

My tatties are coming along, saved my own from last year to clear some new ground, so what I get will be a bonus. I will buy seed potatoes next year though.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
peter
KG Regular

Thundery showers here. :(

Cancel plan for the day A, think up plan B.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
robo
KG Regular

My spuds that I planted in tubs must be nearly ready I've had them in the pollytunnel since early February five tubs and five bags the idea was to get early new potatoes to give the ones in the plot time to mature I could kill for new potatoes and bacon with an egg it's overdue
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Rain just arrived here
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic