Bread making corner

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:I can just imagine the baking smells coming from your kitchen Richard.

I raised three girls on a vegetarian diet between 1967 and 1980. I had to take on the cookery because it was my commitment, these days I don't cook so much but I'm not scared to cook. I still don't eat much meat, a little chicken occasionally. I have eaten bacon regularly, bacon was the straw that broke the camels back so the occasional sausage and local lamb.

I bake bread every other day until the freezer is at critical mass with half loaves, recently it's been wheat/yeast breads rather than sourdough. I just keep baking and throwing the crap away until I get it right so pizza dough will be next and I hope to share some tips with you all.

The flatbreads I referred to in an earlier post were actually made with white spelt and eincorn with rosemary and roasted garlic, they were lovely but like bread making the technique is important and I made horrible flatbreads at home never to try again since. These particular breads were recommended for those with a wheat intolerance though I'm not sure as I write what gluten is in eincorn. Spelt doesn't contain gluten. I think ? I could scan the recipe and post it if anyone is interested, the baker is Alex Gooch.

I used to make wraps before wraps were accepted as good food, a pile of wraps made from various flours, three or four bowls of tasty things to put on the wraps with some home made susses and I was a hero in those days. These days I'm just a dad-dancer though two daughters visited me at a farm campsite I was staying at last week in Derbyshire, I cooked for them in a motorhome and they squabbled over the seconds so dad-dancer isn't so crap.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic