Pa Snip Enterprise Log

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

robo
KG Regular

I've never had a lot of experience with farm machines but I've always been interested in them I've had a couple of tractors the first was joint owned by twelve of us used to launch and retrieve our boats it was a leyland midi with a 1500cc diesel the last one was a Mitsubishi I bought to take to Spain to keep the field under control I bought a topper for it and it had a rotavator on the back, I used it once to rotavate the mates plot it was impressive but when my wife started with her troubles I decided to sell it
Pawty
KG Regular

Hi,

I've hit a snag! After looking through my vast collection of seeds I can't find a pack of marrow seed which say kitchen gardener on them. I have DT Brown marrow seeds (which must have been free). There was a month when I didn't get the magazine due to me missing subscription renewal in time and I wonder if it was then?

KG - any way I can get a pack so I can put a couple in my manure heap? Or if they were the DT Brown ones, can you let me know the variety - I have 2 - long green and zebra.

Many thanks.

Pawty
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Pawty, they were Mr Fothergill's long green bush 2, i do have four of the seeds left if you get stuck.....

Pa Snip, i feel bad, your topic is getting taken over!!!!!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Dear Pawty, they were Mr Fothergill's long green bush 2, i do have four of the seeds left if you get stuck.....

Pa Snip, i feel bad, your topic is getting taken over!!!!!

Funny, cos I felt bad that this is detracting from your Fully Blown Spring Bits and Bobs thread :D

Fear not, I shall steer the enterprise back on track soon

The marrow comp does need its own thread but I think KG admin should set it up along with any rules since they initially mooted the idea when the seeds were given away.

Incidentally Pawty, I have a feeling KG offered to send out pkt of marrow seeds if anyone wanted to join in on the mag side. Not sure if it was latest issue (June) or the one before.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Oops! Pawty, just asked the same on the new thread! Ignore my question there, been answered here!
Westi
richard p
KG Regular

the leyland would have been a blue painted 225.... 2 wheel drive 25 hp , the previous model painted orange was the nuffield mini tractor.
the split bucket on a drott is a 4in1 bucket, on loader arms, can be used as a loader bucket, grader, grab or bulldozer, totally different to the flattish blade on a bulldozer that hardly lifts off the ground.... mind you according to the media anything on tracks is either a bulldozer or a tank.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

You're very technical. I went to a plumbers' merchant for a ceramic tap thingy and then to a hardware shop for some little nails on Friday. I got exactly what I wanted though.
Westi
KG Regular

With you there PP!
Everything I have to buy like that I always refer to it as a thingie & always pick out the nerdiest looking bloke to assist me, not been let down often, sometimes when being a specifically dumb blonde even get a full demonstration of how to attach the bits & bobs.
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I have not posted on the enterprise log since January, tut tut. Forgot all about it.
Perhaps it reflects that both my enthusiasm and energy levels declined considerably this season.

I see that one of the last comments I made on here was about the exhibition onions I sowed on boxing day, I lifted them two weeks ago and have to now select which, if any, to enter in local show.
Will post a pic if and when that decision is made.

As I have written elsewhere my tomatoes were attacked by klingon forces, in other words the dreaded blight got every last one of them.
The last two tumbling toms on the plot succumbed last week.

DSC_5654.JPG
DSC_5654.JPG (3.01 MiB) Viewed 2282 times

Even those grown at home got struck down

The neighbouring airfield held its members day on 2nd Sept, as we live locally and are sometimes affected by activities we were invited to attend as they were doing flying displays. Decided against attending as we could work on the plot and view flying at same time. Nothing quite like being on the landing path :D

DSC_5692.JPG
DSC_5692.JPG (1.56 MiB) Viewed 2282 times

DSC_5760.JPG
DSC_5760.JPG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 2282 times

Now back on to topic of Kitchen Garden.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Wondering what the hard scale is on one of the pumpkins, not sure but thinking it might have something to do with Blood Fish & Bone fertiliser

DSC_5665.JPG
DSC_5665.JPG (2.75 MiB) Viewed 2281 times

Primrose
KG Regular

Could be undissolved fertiliser where the skin was resting on the soil . I don't think pumpkins get dermatitis!. When I grew squashes I always tried to rest the fruits on a brick or something to protect the skin from slugs, etc. Your tomatoes look a sorry sight Pa. Everybody I know who grows tomatoes outdoors around here has been similarly affected. Just a pity, if it had to strike, that the weather couldn't have waited until a little later in the season so that more ripe fruit could have been harvested.
Nice aircraft photos. You obviously had a very good viewing point, and as you say, were able to multi task.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic