Subscribers club

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

mikepearce45
KG Regular

Just started catching up on the last three issues of KG

Page 32 in December's copy includes a note about the " exclusive new online Subscribers Club" and the benefits attached for subscribers. eg "fabulous exclusive offers not available elsewhere - plus the extra snippets of tips, news and growing guides etc etc"

Intrigued to see what I should be doing at this time of the year I logged on only to find the following:-

Home - Welcome dated 6 January 2015 Nothing in the last 12 months!

Articles - What to do this week .Dated 24/6/2015 "Article has expired " Nothing since June 2015

Offers - Discount on Greenhouse dated 13/01/2015 Nothing in the last 12 months!

Recipe - Cauliflower/cheese dated 28/4/2015 Nothing since then

Competition - Wow! there is one for free show tickets dated 2016!!

Now I fully admit that I am not the most computer literate person in the World and I may not have logged on to the correct site. Perhaps someone could give me a clue as to what I may be missing here.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I also noticed a lack of updates in some of those areas.
I thought it would be better if they were removed completely, along with main references to them

Perhaps there is a malaise in the garden magazine sector as a whole, KG is not the only culprit .

I wonder if the subscription levels are just not high enough to justify those now out of date pages. Buts that's a catch 22 situation since being able to see such outdated pages is likely to make people think the web site is totally out of date and therefore avoid using it.

Just a thought, maybe most of us use the web site side of the magazine for the information and assistance rather than the freebies and prizes, I would assume they were just not popular enough to justify continuing with on a regular basis

At least it induced you to comment on the forum again

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
mikepearce45
KG Regular

Morning PA Snip,

You could be right about the low level of subscribers and that most will just use the main site for their info etc

T'is strange though that if this is the case and KG have effectively abandoned it, then why continue advertising it in the December issue as "new" but not ensuring that it is up to date plus of course maintaining the site link on their Home page.

Perhaps one of the Forum Board Administrators could make enquiries.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic