Amazon need to go back to recycling school

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

My husband recently ordered a new protective film layer for his iPad from Amazon.
It was delivered today in a HUGE cardboard box which must have nearly equalled the size of Pa Snip's new hen coop. Does a vast organisation like this and its suppliers really not have more suitable ranges of packaging materials for the size and nature of goods they despatch?

if this is indicative of the amount of packaging wasted , the annual cost must be horrendous, not to mention the waste involved.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Primrose, my eldest Son had the very same thing happen...he said he spent ages trying to guess what he had ordered...and it turned out to be the screen saver...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

I use amazon a lot, I've commented to my wife on numerous occasions about the amount of packaging they use my mate won't use them as he says they should pay tax to our country when I point out so should he things get a bit heated
alan refail
KG Regular

Must have been a recent change! Everything I've ever had from Amazon has been appropriately packaged, especially books.

ampack.jpg
ampack.jpg (25.43 KiB) Viewed 2304 times
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Geoff
KG Regular

I've never found them too bad. Does anybody know if the brown papery sticky tape they use break down in compost? I usually strip off all the packaging tape before I compost cardboard but my son had a few Amazon parcels over Christmas and I've just flattened the boxes ready for mixing with grass mowings.
Monika
KG Regular

I always compost the Amazon (and other) cardboard packaging, especially the corrugated ones after removing all the sticky tapes, because they compost really well, I find.

One thing which has been annoying recently, though, is that some of the 'paper spaghetti' which is sometimes used in packing around more bulky items, can contain shredded thin plastic, so when it's spread eventually, I have to pull out all these long thin plastic 'worms'.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic