Seasons Greetings, 2015, or as we say "Merry Christmas"

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I am the master of such things, but i do like 15 minutes just sort the bits out, without people trying to be helpful and joining things together. Cooks Dad is the worse for that, he charges into it and then gets to the end and realizes the bit he has left won't fit unless you take it to pieces again. :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I have visions now of OH as a kid, pawing over the jigsaw puzzles and solving the 1000 piece ones in no time :D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Blooming eck Pa Snip, at this rate you will know more about me, than i do myself... :D ....

Cooks Mum used to do really complicated jigsaws without the aid of the picture....

Once when i was trying to give a youngster, over the phone, some starting points on doing jigsaws, i told them to find the four corners, then do the sides, top and bottom, first....the reply was "that's a fat help with a round one"...kids can be so cutting with their remarks... :D

Primrose
KG Regular

It always used to be Christmas tradition to have a jigsaw set up on a spare table to while away some time ay Christmas but haven,t bothered this year. Either the daylight seems to be greyer, making it harder to do them or the puzzles seem to be getting deliberately more difficult....or I always pick a puzzle from our free library exchange system which has lost half a dozen pieces stuffed down the back of somebody's sofa somewhere ! :lol:

I once won a globe shaped jigsaw in a raffle. The box in which it came looked somewhat battered and I had visions of its rather chequered history, doing the rounds of various village charity raffle and tombola events, with every winner thinking "what the heck do I do with this?" ....and passing it on to the next charity shop /tombola / raffle opportunity. Perhaps I should have hung onto iy and given it to Pa Snip. He would probably have cobbled it together in five minutes..... . After putting together the chicken coop in his coffee break. :roll:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Primrose, those type of jigsaws are very, very collectable now and worth a fortune....

Only joking. :D

Primrose
KG Regular

Dear Pa Snip
This is exactly what my husband tells me about all the old "stuff" we have stored away in the garage and the loft. I'm beginning to think it's an exclusive male conspiracy !
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:Dear Pa Snip
This is exactly what my husband tells me about all the old "stuff" we have stored away in the garage and the loft. I'm beginning to think it's an exclusive male conspiracy !

Many many moons ago, when I reached the age of puberty and started taking an interest in the opposite sex I was given a mind reading kit and told I would need it to understand women.

I studied that kit hard, very hard and as a result have sometimes (only sometimes mind) been able to work out what a woman really meant.

In this case I think Primrose meant to address her comment to OH :lol:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
dan3008
KG Regular

Wow pa, you can read minds over the internet... I dont think even I have managed that one before, then again, I never was much good at understanding women, or mind reading
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Pa Snip
KG Regular

hi Dan

I reckon I could have more success at reading minds over internet than you did teaching a DWP person how to correctly spell, even with your surname.
You might have had more success teaching them the rules of Quidditch :lol:

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Pa Snip, you're about well before me this morning.....

Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Morning Pa Snip, you're about well before me this morning.....

Morning OH, it was just a momentary lapse caused by going to bed much earlier than normal last night. Was quite knackered for some reason.

Having woken up I had a quick cup of tea and went back to bed.

Now woken up to find all the outside lights are not working this morning, Fingers crossed I can solve the problem without sparks flying :!:
Last edited by Pa Snip on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Fixed, just a sticky timer switch

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I find the threat of the big hammer normally fixes most things.....except the washing machine that is, that decided to disintergrate it's bearings last night and damage the drum and seal..... :evil: Well these things happen.... :D

Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:I find the threat of the big hammer normally fixes most things.....except the washing machine that is, that decided to disintergrate it's bearings last night and damage the drum and seal..... :evil: Well these things happen.... :D

There has to be some kind of animal cruelty law which legislates against keeping drum playing seals in a washing machine.

DSC_0471-edited.jpg
DSC_0471-edited.jpg (140.13 KiB) Viewed 2876 times

retropants
KG Regular

What is it with Christmas and appliances? My tumble dryer, which I only use if I really have to, (about twice a year) has decided to expire, just when I wanted to finish off drying my dressing gown. I suppose it may have been old age, it was my mother's before it was mine, and I remember it at home when I was quite a lot younger :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic