Seasons Greetings, 2015, or as we say "Merry Christmas"

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Gosh Retropants, was it one of those coal fired ones.... :wink: :D
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

Well the new dressing gown should be cheaper than the tumble drier. Our washing machine objected to spinning the visitors' sheets and towels together, think it is trying to tell me something.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

retropants wrote:What is it with Christmas and appliances? My tumble dryer, which I only use if I really have to, (about twice a year) has decided to expire, just when I wanted to finish off drying my dressing gown. I suppose it may have been old age, it was my mother's before it was mine, and I remember it at home when I was quite a lot younger :)

Do you mean the dressing gown may have expired of old age ? :D

I think it is a proven fact that both domestic appliances and domestic animals both know when it is the most awkward or costly time to throw a wobbly.

Appliances do it when shops are shut, which these days gives them a short select time frame in which to break down.
Animals seem to know when your vet is outside of normal hours and charging out of hours emergency rates.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Catherine
KG Regular

A very late Merry Christmas to you all. :D

We had our family Christmas day today which was brilliant, and now everyone has gone and I can sit and rest with a nice glass of wine. The weather has been appalilng here day after day with very little break in the rain. Our village had some flooding but nothing like what has been seen elsewhere. But onwards and upwards :)

In case I don't managed to get back on here before the New Year may I wish everyone a Very Happy New Year. :D
retropants
KG Regular

Well Pa Snip, I'm currently tapping away on the iPad, wearing said dressing gown, so I can happily say, it made it through the Boxing Day tumble dryer disaster of 2015. Thankyiu for your concern :)
fewer
KG Regular

Hello there,
What are some fun ideas for edible Christmas decorations?
Thanks in advance

Happy Christmas to all of you in advance
Pa Snip
KG Regular

fewer wrote:Hello there,
What are some fun ideas for edible Christmas decorations?
Thanks in advance

Happy Christmas to all of you in advance

Welcome "fewer"

Congratulations on managing to find this thread from two years ago, you must be good at digging.

I don't have any immediate suggestions but we have some innovative contributors so hopefully you'll get some replies.

As my daughter makes 100's of decorative cakes and muffins throughout the year I will ask her if she has any suggestions

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

Horray for Winter Solstice and the shortest day !
I welcome this point in the calendar because we now know that at least, however slow the daylight hours are in getting longer, we're at least moving in the right direction.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic