Sloe Brandy

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Elle's Garden
KG Regular

Whilst out on the shoot yesterday I picked enough sloes to make 2 bottles of sloe vodka and 1 of sloe gin. :) I have seen a few references to Morello Cherry Brandy on here but not really recipies. I really love Cherry Brandy - but I wonder if I could make sloe brandy the same way you make sloe gin? Does anyone have any suggestions/advice as to whether you think this may work?
Kind regards,

Elle
peter
KG Regular

Any distilled spirit can be used to make a liquer.

You could use best 50 year old armanac, but it would be a waste of expensive spirit. I used Sainsburys "Basics" Vodka for my Raspberry Vodka and it's nice.

I would suggest that it is all a matter of taste, personal taste that is.
If you make Sloe Brandy and it tastes nice to you then fine, if it tastes bad, then chalk it up to experience and stick with Gin.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Elle's Garden
KG Regular

Thanks Peter. Not being a 'Spirits' girl, I wasn't sure if you could treat Brandy the same as gin and vodka. I have also been offered some rum - so I think another session picking is called for. :D
Kind regards,

Elle
Colin_M
KG Regular

After Elle's brilliant suggestions and Molly's earlier one about Chilli Vodka, it seems like our members have a real knack for creativity.

In previous years, a few of us have got together for things like the Malvern show. I'm wondering if we should be looking at Halloween or 5th November to organise a meeting of Creative Tipplers Anonymous :shock: !

This would allow Elle to get some constructive feedback on her various brews from the rest of us (and might save us all from needing Swine Flu vaccinations, if they're as good as they sound). I'd be happy to complete the evening with some delicious spiced vegetarian food.

And remember, please garden responsibly.........
Elle's Garden
KG Regular

Colin: CTA, I love it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I would be there if it wasn't so damned far from home :(
Kind regards,

Elle
Tigger
KG Regular

Colin - I think it's high time for a get together and a picnic lunch. It could be the Malvern Show but it doesn't have to be as the ticket price is prohibitive for some.

What about us organising a forum outing next spring, somewhere accessible for most? Shall we set up a new thread and see what the interest is?
Colin_M
KG Regular

Why not. Don't know if it's best to do it now (perhaps to decide on approx location) or wait until closer to the time? You and Chantal are much more experienced at this type of thing, so go for it!
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Good idea Colin. Next year would be best. We might need more than 1 day if we are sampling our boozy creations though. Just a meet up at one of the shows would be good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic