asparagus soup

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

tracie
KG Regular

Has anybody got a recipy for asparagus soup.

We have loads of it. HELP.

Thanks

Tracie
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Tracie,
Found this in search for you.

Asparagus soup
Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:08 pm

I'm becoming a little challenged at the moment as to different ways to cook asparagus. We have so much we have to eat it every day to keep on top of it. We've even had chicken and asparagus curry, which actually wasn't too bad.
Anyway, I came across this recipe for asparagus soup and tried it out tonight. It was very nice so thought I'd pass it on:

(the green onions are spring onions I think, and these amounts are to serve 6, I halved everything. I also used creme fraiche rather than cream - and the salt wasn't kosher!)

2 pounds asparagus spears, tough ends removed
6 to 8 green onions, root ends trimmed
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups tightly packed baby spinach leaves
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
Kosher salt

Place the asparagus and green onions in a large bowl and coat with the olive oil. Grill the asparagus and green onions over Direct Medium heat until they are marked by the grill but not dark, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Transfer them to a cutting board and cut them into 2-inch lengths and place them in a medium saucepan.

Add the chicken broth, spinach, and pepper to the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, then simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a food processor and puree them. Return the pureed vegetables to the saucepan and mix well. Whisk in the cream and tarragon. Simmer the soup for 3 to 5 minutes, but do not let it boil. Season with salt to taste. Serve warm.

Makes 6 servings.

Thanks to www.weber.com

Interesting to note the date of that quote JB.

What a difference a year makes! Round here, the locals only started having enough to sell a week or so ago. Certainly not "so much we have to eat it every day to keep on top of it"
Chantal
KG Regular

Looks like a good recipe, so I'm moving this in to Recipes so it doesn't get lost :wink:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic