Superb Mushrooms

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

KMARKSnr
KG Regular

Hi all,
I got talking with a chef,(chinese chef),about their or his cooking methods when we were doing building work at their resteraunt,and said i love mushrooms,- here`s his recipie,and superb it is.

Put a drizzle of olive oil into a hot frying pan,wait untill smoking slightly,and then add 8oz sliced mushrooms,and stir frequently around for about 1 minute,then introduce about 1 good tbsp of light soy and continue untill cooked to your preference,- yes it`s that simple.
He said keep to the simplicity of it,but do experiment with dark,or light soy sauce,and ammounts to your own tastes,and preferences.
Also experiment with onions,and garlic in this simple recipie,and create your own.

Enjoy,
Regards,
Mark.
I`m not "young enough"to know everything!
Lyn
KG Regular

Thanks for that, Mark. I tried it this evening with garlic and rocket on a bed of rice - delicious!
Lyn
KGAdmin
Site Admin

I always enjoy fresh mushrooms from local fruit & veg store, cooked in butter with a sprinkle of garlic salt - or for a stronger taste - with a few dashes of garlic puree. Delicious!

KGAdmin
Colin_M
KG Regular

Good suggestion Mark.

It seems the trick here is to get the oil quite hot. It's so easy to fry mushrooms slowly and watch them get soggy. This also seems to happen to me when I fry mushrooms along with other veg.

Colin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic