Fish soup with rust recipe

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Mandy_will23
KG Regular

Hi guys,
I would like to prepare a fish soup with the perfect homemade sauce ever but I didn't find recipes dealing with rust ,I'd be glad if someone can give one or two recipes...
Thanks
alan refail
KG Regular

Just Google "rouille" and you will find a wealth of recipes.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I thought you were taking the mickey Alan, but the rouille recipes (rust) sound very good. Amazing what you find out on this forum. Have you trained as a chef, or do you just like cooking?
alan refail
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:I thought you were taking the mickey Alan, but the rouille recipes (rust) sound very good. Amazing what you find out on this forum. Have you trained as a chef, or do you just like cooking?

No
Yes
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Mandy_will23
KG Regular

Thanks for replying and sorry for the delay, I was busy organizing my daughter's trip in the U.S, she is going to study there for 3 years... I followed Alan advice and found millions of recipes. :) I went on reading some of them and there are 3 or 4 which were pretty easy and quick to make, I will definitely try food&wine mediterranean fish soup but I also stumbled on this one :
https://lesdelicesdannie.wordpress.com/ ... es-dannie/
with detailed information on the rust sauce recipe, what do you think about it?
sweet31
KG Regular

Dried fish filets are the best to use when you prepare fish stew in my opinion. The taste is just so original. I don’t know how hard it is to find dried fish filet where you all are but believe me, it taste amazing. Furthermore, you do not need that many ingredients all you need ginger, some greens, onions and tomatoes and you can have the best stew ever
Karmina
KG Regular

Mandy_will23 wrote:Hi guys,
I would like to prepare a fish soup with the perfect homemade sauce ever but I didn't find recipes dealing with rust ,I'd be glad if someone can give one or two recipes...
Thanks

Hi Mandy,

Here is a recipe to show you a Catalan fish stew called romescada.

First of all, you need white fish flesh like seabass, salt cod or monkfish. Nearly all type of shellfish could also be incorporated if you would like such as squid, mussel or shrimp. For the sauce, it is typically made with fresh and dried red peppers, roasted almonds and hazelnuts, a fair amount of garlic, and day-old bread fried in olive oil. These ingredients are pounded together or whirled to a rough consistency in a machine. Make sure to add olive oil until the mixture looks like a rough reddish mayonnaise.
Westi
KG Regular

Hi Karmina

Interesting. Do you have liquid to poach the fish then put this in or is it meant to be a thicker sauce that you put on top of the cooked fish? Sorry if that's an obvious question, but have a regular supply of fish by barter - my veg to neighbours, then his cod when he has a good trip.

Westi
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Karmina, I spend a lot of time in Catalonia ,one of the local bars douse a battered fish in what I thought was some kind of tomato sauce it is lovely I think it might be romescada ,never to late to learn is it thank you , my pet hate is the television chefs banging on about sea bass there is no such fish it's just bass
fab02
KG Regular

Mandy_will23 wrote:Hi guys,
Thanks

If you are a big fan of seafood, you'd better try this super quick and easy salmon recipe, you do not need someone's help for the preparation. You can also google the recipe as Alan suggested above. There are excellent recipes you can find on, you'll probably be lost in finding the best one. Good luck!
PrincessCook099
KG Regular

Hi Mandy !

So you like fish soups ? they are so healthy, aren’t they? Here is a recipe I am used to prepare for my family since you are looking for a recipe. I hope you will enjoy it.

First here are the ingredients:
1 red onion
2 sticks celery
½ small bulb fennel
2 cloves garlic
1 red chilli , deseeded
2 tablespoons olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
1 glass dry white wine
800 g chopped plum tomatoes or passata
½ butternut squash , peeled and grated
500 ml organic fish stock
200 g salmon fillet , from sustainable sources, ask your fishmonger, skinned
300 g halibut fillet , from sustainable sources, ask your fishmonger, skinned
12 raw peeled prawns or langoustine tails, from sustainable sources, ask your fishmonger
½ lemon and 1 large handful fresh flat-leaf parsley , chopped

To prepare it, first of all finely chop the onion, celery, fennel, garlic and chilli. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, celery, fennel, garlic and chilli and stir gently until soft. Add the wine, tomatoes or passata, squash and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes. Season and gently break up the tomatoes. Roughly chop the salmon and halibut and add to the pan. Add the prawns or langoustine tails, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until just cooked. Taste the soup and season it again with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice, if necessary. Serve drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with the chopped parsley.

Let me know how yours turns out! Enjoy! 
Westi
KG Regular

Princess Cook! Finally royalty on the forum! :wink:

That looks a nice easy but tasty recipe with all the main ingredients but less of the hassle.

I'm going to try it - I have the 'small' fennel for a start!

Many thanks for sharing.

Westi
Westi
sweet31
KG Regular

fab02 wrote:If you are a big fan of seafood, you'd better try this super quick and easy salmon recipe, you do not need someone's help for the preparation. You can also google the recipe as Alan suggested above. There are excellent recipes you can find on, you'll probably be lost in finding the best one. Good luck!

Hi Fab,

Have you prepared it? It is the first time that I find out about the website from the link you gave. I think I will try to find some more recipes on that Delices and Gourmandises website. Theirs seem quite easy without too much fuss on the direction.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic