Moroccan Lamb (or Chickenwith tomatoes, almonds and apricots

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Catherine
KG Regular

Please do try this recipe with different meats as it is amazing I have made it today with a chicken and it was fabulous. It is my OH's favourite marinade. We got the recipe from a Sainsburys Booklet.

Moroccan Lamb with tomatoes, almonds and apricots

5 shallots peeled and sliced
12 cherry tomatoes
1 x 100g pack blanched almonds
16 So Organic dried apricots
1 boneless lamb leg joint about 800 g at room temperature

For the paste
1 heaped tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cinnamon
75g root ginger peeled and roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves sliced
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chilli flakes or crushed chillies
2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
3 tbsp olive oil

Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees C fan 140 dec C Gas 3
Blend all the paste ingredients with freshly ground black pepper and a little water in a jug using a stick blender (or liquidiser to make a thick paste)
Put the shallots, tomatoes, almonds and apricots in a smallish roasting tin. Put the lamb on top and spread the paste over the meat.
Cover the tin with a layer of baking paper then a layer of foil, wrapping both around the meat and under the tin. Cook in the oven for 3 hours, then uncover and cook for another 30 minutes before serving.

614 cals: 39g fat (9g sat fat)
48g protein
3g fibre
20g carbs
18g total sugars
3g salt..

I also made Hugh Fearnley – Whittingstalls recipe from River Cottage Veg Everyday. Tahini-dressed courgette and green bean salad Page 74 and our cabbage and carrots from our allotment.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

That sounds delicious Catherine I can't wait to try it. I'll have to put pomegranate molasses on my shopping list.
Catherine
KG Regular

Do try it PP as it is truly amazing. We used flaked almonds as we couldn't get whole almonds and I thought it worked really well. Please let me know if you try it and if you like it as I always worry when I recommend a recipe in case no one else likes it. :(
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I managed to buy some pomegranate molasses on line as I couldn't find it in any shops.
It was well worth it we've had the lamb this weekend and it was delicious.

Thank you for a lovely recipe.
Catherine
KG Regular

Thank you so much for trying the recipe and letting me know that you liked it. I think we got our Pomegranate molasses from either Sainsbury's or Waitrose.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic