For the bread bakers.

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I always regarded baking bread as a black art, even the humble white loaf

Next time you make your bread Add 40 grams of frozen mash potatoe to a 500 gram of flour mix. Warm the frozen mash a little before you introduce it into the usual mix regardless of machine or by hand.

Let me know hat you think.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
John
KG Regular

You could also try replacing 50ml of water with red wine or Guinness - not in same loaf of course.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
robo
KG Regular

My wife still talks about her aunt janies home made bread according to history the lady put patatoes in the mix, in the days we are talking about her auntie would be auntie to half the town ,they where a large family , in our eary married years. my wife tried every which way she could to get her bread to match her aunties but the only judge we had was my father in law and he would not agree she had mastered the recipe, she still tries today occasionally but even the judge has long gone ,myself ,i never tasted the late aunties bread as she was way before my time but the recipe is still there to be discovered, somewhere,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic