Beetroot

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I must grow beetroot again next year but could I please share this with you people.

If you read my post earlier in the thread I packed my roots away in compost then because I wasn't getting through it I gave two batches away and saved myself a few roots.

I cooked my saved roots, peeled and sliced them and sat down to enjoy them with an all-thing-on-the-table salad.

It was horrible, yes it had stored without going rotten and the roots were firm but they tasted like, ermmmm. I don't know how to describe what I tasted, the roots had lost that sweet beetroot taste during storage.

The people I gave the roots to were very polite and didn't complain. At 70 years old I have never learnt to be that polite.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Anabelle
KG Regular

glallotments wrote:
Beryl wrote:I love beeteroot juce too Superman03, to any one trying it for the first time be warned it is very powerful stuff.

Beryl.

A friend ended up visiting the doctor in a panic due to one of it's side effects.

They say the pumkin juice is very dangerous too
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic