Spiced vinegar

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Bren
KG Regular

Anyone know where I can get spiced vinegar in the West Midlands, I have tried Tesco, Asda , Co-op and a local veg.shop,nobody seem to stock it, they all have pickling vinegar. I know that I could make some but I don't need a big amount and by he time I'd buy the spices it would make it expensive.
Bren
Arnie
KG Regular

Hi Bren,

I thought that spiced and pickling vinegar are the same :) could be wrong :oops: I use Sarsons Pickling malt vinegar (Brown) which is all ready spiced, it states this on the jar. You also can can get from Sarsons a Distilled & Spiced pickling vinegar (Clear)

Hope this is of some help :)

Regards

Kevin :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
lizzie
KG Regular

I use malt vinegar and add to it some Pickling Spices that is made by Schwartz and found in the spice section of the supermarket. Works out cheaper than ready spiced vinegar. I buy the vinegar in Asda which is 17p per pint. Works out to £1.70 for 10 pints. The spice is
around £1.50ish

Hope this helps
Lots of love

Lizzie
Bren
KG Regular

Thanks Kevin and Lizzie for your help, yes Kevin I read the label on the pickling vinegar and it says its has spices in it. Lizzie I went to Asda today and bought the Schwartz Pickling spice, so now I can have two goes at the chutney and pickling. thanks
Bren
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic