Parsley-sage-rosemary and thyme ?

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I lost my thyme plant in a raised bed of lovely rich soil that whilst draining it would hold moisture, my next plant is going into our gravel driveway alongside an oregano that is very happy and right now showing new growth. My best ever rosemary is right at the edge of a steep bank, rosemary does better out of pots though I figure it just keeps getting bigger so doing cuttings every year is the way to go.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
sally wright
KG Regular

Dear Richard,
if I am adding garlic to roast spuds then I add it when I turn them about 1/2 way through cooking. I usually mix it with a little oil before applying and crush the spuds slightly to allow the flavour to penetrate.
Regards Sally Wright
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Thanks Sally, are you crushing it ?

I did roasties again yesterday, same happened. Garlic slices got cremated though they did impart a garlic flavour. I can't have roasties without garlic so I did try crushing garlic into oil and letting it infuse then brushing the oil on. That works to some extent.

All this recent nonesense about not roasting our spuds and toast isn't recent, why do they publish this stuff ? It was in the sixties I became vegetarian and devoured any print-media about nutrition, mostly the source was American. No BBQ food, no crispy roasted anything no toast, don't eat bread and weigh your evacuations daily. No kidding. No boozing of course, spoil-sports. I even read the bible where eating vegetables proved to be healthier than the wine and rich foods of rulers and kings. That did it for me for forty years.

No boozing ? What about the drugs I've been spoon fed over the years ? It's taken six months to rid myself of an opiate I've taken for ten years and I'm told I shouldn't reduce. That opiate whilst initially helpful caused more harm than good, thousands of people suffering just to keep the pharmaceutical coffers full, then there's the other stuff I need to dump but I won't go on.

Sorry, rant-over.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
aariana
KG Regular

Great receipt!
Online gambling is just like real. Except this time it's easier! I care about one thing: playing buy all mountain skis for free at 777extraslot.com. Don't waste your time!
Thomasd62
KG Regular

Pawty wrote:Hi Richard,

We have a large bay and use it regularly. This week it's gone in a slow cooked lamb stew and a cottage pie (and probably other stuff, but Mr Pawty does most of the cooking - I'm forced to when he's working in London) rachat de credit immo. Also added to these were thyme and parsley. We have sage, but out of all herbs, I would say this is the one we use the least - even though delicious ( and still very trendy!).

I can't see why bay wouldn't work well in soup - just remember to take it out before blitzing!

Pawty

Hmm, I already had the opportunity to taste this and I must say that it was really a delight.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic