Carrot and Parsnip Bisque.

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

snooky
KG Regular

Cooked this bisque for our evening meal.It is rather moreish!!

4 large carrots,peeled and sliced
3 medium parsnips,peeled and sliced
1 large onion,sliced
1 1/2pints chicken stock
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
6 fluid ounces single cream
Large dash of nutmeg
Salt and pepper
4 ounces grated cheddar cheese(optional)

In a large saucepan,combine the carrots,parsnips,onion and chicken stock.Bring to boil,then simmer until vegetables are tender,about 12-15 minutes.
Puree in a blender or food processor,to a consistency of your liking.Return to pan and add salt and pepper to taste,the ginger,nutmeg and cream.Stir constantly over a low heat until hot.Garnish each serving with ahandful of cheese,if using.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Primrose
KG Regular

Have never thought of combining carrots and parsnips in this way. Must give it a try although I only have three germinated parnsips growing in my row this year so somewhat of a dilemma in how to use them !
sophie1511
KG Regular

The recipe sounds amazing. I am gonna try it sooner or later this week. I usually cook carrots alone as a breakfast dish. Let me explain how I like it.

Basically what I do is take 2 table spoon of EVOO with crushed garlic and low heat it in a sauce pan. 2-3 minutes later i add chopped carrots in and let it cook for like 15 minutes until it tenders. Once its cooked I remove the garlic and Drizzle it with more EVOO :D .

That's it, we are ready wit this awesome looking dish.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic