Has anyone made sourkraut ?

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Hmmmm, I'm not sure I even know how to spell it, anyway, I wanted to make it and the information is available online.

My fermented cabbage didn't readily ferment and whilst it is now fermenting I'm thinking that if farmers can produce cabbage without it being full of those tiny slugs then they are probably hitting the crop with so much chemical that it also destroys the natural yeasts present. What do you think ?

I had given up on growing cabbage, I can easily keep the butterflies away and my kale was clean all the time last season but my cabbage is always riddled with those tiny slugs.

I managed to buy organic cauliflower from Aldi but no cabbage and whatever I read about cabbage pests it's always referring to protection from cabbage white butterflies of-which I don't have a problem.

It's not easy is it ?
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
peter
KG Regular

Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
robo
KG Regular

Our problem is not slugs but small thin worms
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic