Tapioca

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Binky
KG Regular

In April last year, a nice recipe for Tapioca Pudding with Rhubarb and Raspberry was published in the magazine. Does anyone know where you can buy dried Tapioca these days? The big supermarkets no longer stock it.
John
KG Regular

Hello Binky
Tapioca is like Marmite - you either love it or loathe it. Personally I'm a big fan of all those old fashioned milk puddings like rice pudding, ground rice, semolina and tapioca.
Round here you can still find it in health food shops but as you say its disappeared from the big shed stores.
Long live frog-spawn pudding!
John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Pawty
KG Regular

Agree, local health (independent) shops definitely stock it near me, but is probably twice the price of what it use to be in supermarkets.

Marmite - love it, tapioca I'm afraid I'm on the hate it side.

Hope you find some.
alan refail
KG Regular

If you really like it (like Pawty I hate it. Never touched it since schooldays - bad memories of Grammar School dinners!), you can get Suma's in 3 kilo bags!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005KRNAKU/r ... 0JCB2NMYTC
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
robo
KG Regular

Frog spawn we used to call it when it was served at school dinners and dark brown fish every Friday I still can't work out what it was even after spending most of my life trying to catch sea fish
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Stores that stock Indian produce might be a source and should be cheaper than health food outlets.

Wife likes it, I hate it
But then she likes Marmite as well.. yuck

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
melving.crane
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:If you really like it (like Pawty I hate it. Never touched it since schooldays - bad memories of Grammar School dinners!), you can get Suma's in 3 kilo bags!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005KRNAKU/r ... 0JCB2NMYTC

Hello Alan, thanks for the link. I was looking for this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic