Asparagus recipies

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

r1hvy
KG Regular

Hi all,

We have been given a load of asparagus, I do enjoy it but I'm wondering if anyone has any good recipe's. I usually just serve it in some butter or wrapped in Parma ham or something similar but haven't really seen it served any other way.
alan refail
KG Regular

This one is a favourite. I only make one change to the method. Follow the method but only add the egg after the rest has been in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Otherwise the egg will be rock hard.

https://www.waitrose.com/content/waitro ... chovy.html

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
r1hvy
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:This one is a favourite. I only make one change to the method. Follow the method but only add the egg after the rest has been in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Otherwise the egg will be rock hard.

https://www.waitrose.com/content/waitro ... chovy.html

Will def be trying this one!
Westi
KG Regular

That looks lush Alan.

Perfect comfort food. Maybe even worth a few air miles to buy some & try it out as weather seems just right at the moment!

Thanks
Westi
Westi
amberharding82
KG Regular

One of my favourite ways to serve asparagus is with a dip in a sauce, cooked out of hard boiled egg, mixed with mustard and olive oil. All this mashed together!
:o
cookingheals
KG Regular

Man I love Asparagus. Not sure if you really need a recipe as I just like to grill them or fry them. You can always chop them up and put them in a salad.
Westi
KG Regular

Hi cookingheals! Welcome to the forum.

After 10 yrs growing it, this year I discovered it's really nice raw, especially the thin stalks. Does deplete the take home crop though! But it comes up when not much else available to graze & I like to intermingle the weeding with a reward.

Westi
Westi
melving.crane
KG Regular

Well I do like asparagus a lot. It's one of my favorite spring vegetables. I usually prepare it in grilling style. Like to eat it as sweet, crisp, and just plain easy.

Just toss the asparagus with a little oil before throwing them on the grates, and finish with a simple sprinkle of salt and pepper. See it's a very nice and easy recipe, you can prepare it very anytime you want.
Westi
KG Regular

Don't forget a sprinkling of balsamic on those grilled baby - that is nice too Melving.crane!

Westi
Westi
melving.crane
KG Regular

Westi wrote:Don't forget a sprinkling of balsamic on those grilled baby - that is nice too Melving.crane!

Westi

Thanks Westi for letting know. I'll definitely try the next time I make Asparagus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic