hope this is helpful

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

clairelv1
KG Regular

i learned a new desert yesterday and i think it is very tasty and healthy so i want to tell here
just put black agarics and white agarics together and smash them . the next step is boiling them with sugar .of cause you can add something else you like . example : dates and medlar . as you know they are a kind of herbal .and you should taste it while boiling it until you think it is good for you .

agarics will help you to clean your blood and lung .and the dates and medlar are very good for our body .

i ate a bowl of this desert last night and felt very good

hope everyone has a healty body and good mood ......
peter
KG Regular

A bit puzzled hy this as "agarics" is a term for fungal fruiting bodies.

So mushrooms boiled in sugar with dates and or medlars?

Claire where are you in the world?
I am curious as to what crops are available to you and what regional/cultural cuisine this recipe comes from.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
clairelv1
KG Regular

Hi ,peter . i am from Hongkong . what i mentioned is not mushroom but another one . maybe you call it exidia auricula judae i will show you .
Attachments
u=2965007755,2364586644&fm=21&gp=0.jpg
u=2965007755,2364586644&fm=21&gp=0.jpg (8.73 KiB) Viewed 11760 times
Primrose
KG Regular

Claire - do keep posting your interesting photos. I think some of your recipes and the food available to you is quite different from our own so you can do a good job in educating us.

I imagine that if you live in Hong Kong, there's a great shortage of space and for most people having an allotment or a garden to grow your vegetables in is a rare advantage.
kjosameera
KG Regular

After reading the recipe, I think I will be able to prepare it in about half an hour.

I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.
Anny365
KG Regular

Interesting! I think I`ll try it) Claire, do you have similar recipes? It would be great if you post it)
:) :) :)
johnlehman
KG Regular

Great desert recipe, keep going like that!
Stravaig
KG Regular

I recently bought a book by Masaharu Morimoto, a Japanese chef. He has some truly outrageous ideas and recipes. One is "Sugared Salmon", which he insists works as a dessert. Huh? Salmon as a dessert? It's so darned weird I'm going to have to try it. :D
Primrose
KG Regular

I think with some of these foods and recipes which feel totally strange to us its nice to try them in a restaurant first, cooked by an expert, so that we can get a true idea of what they're really supposed to taste like. We,ve had a couple of spectacular failures with Indian//Asian vegetables which has rather put us off trying again
Stravaig
KG Regular

I don't have the option of trying it first in his restaurant, although I agree it's a good idea - and I would if I could. But I'm a very confident cook (and qualified as a chef). Mr S is also very brave (married to me he has to be) and he's willing for me to try. :D

I'll have a go - and let you know how I get on.
Kayburton
KG Regular

clairelv1 wrote:i learned a new desert yesterday and i think it is very tasty and healthy so i want to tell here
just put black agarics and white agarics together and smash them . the next step is boiling them with sugar .of cause you can add something else you like . example : dates and medlar . as you know they are a kind of herbal .and you should taste it while boiling it until you think it is good for you .

agarics will help you to clean your blood and lung .and the dates and medlar are very good for our body .

i ate a bowl of this desert last night and felt very good

hope everyone has a healty body and good mood ......

Who recommended this recipe to you? All these stupid cleansing of the body often lead to big health problems in the future.
JohnBarker
KG Regular

Rather you should buy a new recipe book and follow a recipe from there. I think it will be a nice suggestion for you. All the best!
SnapKitchen0741
KG Regular

Great Desert Recipe!
Terryms
KG Regular

Great recipe, thank you! I wonder how often may I eat it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic