Chicken manure pellets

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Primrose
KG Regular

I'd love real manure but it,s difficult to obtain round here and yes, there's always the problem of importing additional weeds or chemicals with it. I'm at the stage of my life now where lugging heavy loads about is a real negative. Next time I empty my new tub of pellets I'll try BFB but wonder if the benefits of it are used up by the plants more quickly. Rather than a possible slower release of nutrients by the pellets.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

BFB is designed to be slow release, I always thought it was slower than pellets/6x, could be mistaken. I have been known to use Growmore as a quick pick me up if stuff looks like it's struggling.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Johnboy
KG Regular

Here we don't buy chicken manure pellets but have a good supply of chicken manure and we have a 6ft cast iron bath with the outlet and overflow blocked up and we have horse, cow and chicken matures mixed up in the bath also we put things like dock leaves, young nettles which take but days to degrade and filled with water and stirred regularly and the liquor is dispensed at one pint in a 2 gallon watering can. It gives us very good results. We also make Comfrey concentrate which is always at hand and store in 25 litre containers. Friday is set aside for feeding plants and rain or sunshine this is always done. I just wonder if chicken pellets dissolved in water would be an answer to getting the nutrition to where it is needed when it is needed most.
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic