Too green or not too green

General tips / questions on seeding & planting

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Johnboy
KG Regular

Dear Alan ,
I thank you for your kind words.
What I will say is that the two members have simply displayed, to the entire forum, their total ignorance.
I would be totally amazed if we hear from either Andy or Kate again. I do hope we do but will not hold my breath.
There are so many people who have joined the forum but we have never heard from and my thought behind my posting was to try and coax a few to open up.
Never mind but I don't think I will ever try again.
I still feel that I have outlived my welcome.
Sincerely,
JB.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Johnboy, we regard you as a friend and your knowledge is greatly appreciated even by us older gardeners. I suppose we can put up with people being a bit daft occasionally or just ignore it :D
dan3008
KG Regular

jb, be assured while I may frequently make jokes, I do consider your input here highly valuable. I apologise if my humor may seem inappropriate or misplaced. My intent was to make people smile.

Allen, seriously, I made a joke. I didn't think I said anything offensive, and sincerely apologise if anyone was offended by it. Its just the way I am all the time. Particularly when I'm having a bad day anyway

I find this situation highly unusual. Most the time on the internet, if Simon makes a joke like that, its either ignored, or goes on for 2-3 more posts, then conversation returns to normal. That's what I expected, and I'm sorry that I've upset people. That was never my intention
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Pawty
KG Regular

Hi Andy and Kate,

I'd really like to know the results. I consider my self a newby and I've had a lotty for over 5 years! I ask stuff all the time and have learnt a huge amount from this forum.

Last year I tried to plant some late charlottes in a big pot in the back garden so we could have freshly dug Christmas Day potatoes ( A present / surprise for the hubby as theyre his favourite). Let's just say his Christmas present ended up being an ants nest..... So I would love to know how to go about getting freshly dug Christmas Day potatoes?? Any ideas? At the moment his Christmas present is frilly sprouts.

Now, off to the lotty - bank holiday BBQ and I said I would provide the potato salad (pink fir Apple) , courgettes (errrr marrows), runner bean salad and if they're ready and the pesky mice haven't got them some sweet corn. Yum yum.

Enjoy the long weekend!

Pawty

Pawty
Westi
KG Regular

Dear Johnboy, it was people like you I was referring to when I posted. Don't you dare leave! As the saying goes you have probably forgotten more than we will ever know! I also had the same intent to keep those guys asking questions & joining in, expanding our family.

Dan Numbers, very sincere & honest of you to apologise. May I suggest we keep the banter & laughs for general chatter & keep these other topics for proper answers? That reads as don't stop with your witty responses & take this the wrong way, not a criticism intended, but it would be good to meet & actually keep some new forum members! Lots of readers, few posters from the stats!

Westi x
Westi
alan refail
KG Regular

Westi,

Bless you!
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
robo
KG Regular

I too would like to apologize if my comments where out of order I do not want to cause upset for anyone
Johnboy
KG Regular

My dear Westi,
Thank you for your posting.
Those who are new to the forum do not realise the precarious position this forum is in. Only a few months (maybe a couple of years) ago this forum was the livliest gardening forum on line. We manage to get two new people who want to learn and these inaproproriate postings will not only discourage the two but anybody else who has been wanting to ask a question.
I must confess that the postings not only made me hopping mad they made me very sad when thinking what this forum used to be.
So come on would-be gardeners bring your questions on and lets build this forum up to it's former glory!
I not only thank Dan for his posting on line but the private message he sent me.
Call me a miserable old sod if you like but this forum means an awful lot to me, far more than you will ever realise.
Sincerely,
JB.
Westi
KG Regular

By far the best magazine, but small forum in comparison. I for one can't understand it as little difference in what being posted, topics etc on the other one. Maybe a bit of a spread in one of the issues, with a page of pictures & posts, Pawty's photo tour shows a lot of good pics from other's plots & especially Pa's! Maybe if we all started a new thread & posted some pics of our plots/gardens/patios etc it would encourage others by seeing they are just like theirs, not pristine, some failures, some successes, some overwhelming challenges.

Anyway glad your back Johnboy! Do we all agree then that fun is to be had on general chatter (& please keep them coming guys), and this is for the serious growing stuff questions & answers?

Westi
Westi
Monika
KG Regular

Oh, Johnboy, you gave me quite a jolt when I thought you were 'leaving' us - glad you have decided to stay.

And, yes, I wish this forum would go back to full strength. So many former regulars seem to have dropped off when the forum format changed earlier this year. I had problems at the time to find it again. But I do agree with the comments about the magazine, it's by far the best vegetable growing mag about.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic