Wasabi Rocket

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Hi All!

Couldn't find the thread this was mentioned in but Pawty said they were good as micro plants! Well I sowed & waited, they were a bit slow coming up & I missed the micro size in a blink so I have normal rocket size leaves! OMG! It really tastes of horseradish, amazing! Yep hot - very hot, but so good as first bite is nothing like the full fling you get after a couple of chews!

Even the flea beetles gave up on it! But soo good in a roast beef sarnie & now thinking some sort of salsa type sauce for a roast beef dinner! I didn't get too many seeds in the pack so will allow a couple to go to seed to keep me in my new addiction over winter. I think as mature plants they are a wee bit too hot to put in a general mixed salad but will master the micro size over winter to have as a sprinkle.
Westi
robo
KG Regular

We grow rocket quite often but don't find it that hot maybe my sense of taste is going along with the rest of my body
Westi
KG Regular

Try this Wasabi Rocket robo!

It is well hotter than normal rocket, as is Wasabi to our Horseradish sauce! I happily eat normal wild rocket as a snack on the plot but this guy in moderation! Still nice though - wake up your taste buds & give it a try.
Westi
robo
KG Regular

If I can find it I will westi,I am growing or I should say I'm attempting to grow horse raddish this year
Westi
KG Regular

My horseradish has been in a few years now but still the roots are too narrow to take the effort to grate it. Top growth is good each year but limited show underneath. It will mature at some point I'm sure! (maybe)??
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic