Happy ¨cheat¨!

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Marigold
KG Regular

Well, reading all your posts and having no place except a windowledge to grow seeds,, and loving flowers...Yesterday when I went to the shopping centre for the computer, I passed Homebase whch is closing down soon. Thought I was immune to the wonderful show of plants, then passed the rack outside, marked REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE... Rows of smiling violas faces... Resolutely walked past and then the laptop was E13 cheaper than online, so I bought three trays, at E1.85 each All named and smiling.. love them better than pansies... Just had a lovely time outside ( warm sun when you are away from the north wind) planting up large pots etc and sorting all the winter junk by the front door.. They were root bound but they look so lovely... Delft Blue, Raspberry and i cannot remember the o ther; purple and yellow faces. Had hot soup to warm up; still in single figures out there and snow and frost warnings out but all looks grand.
Westi
KG Regular

Glad you had a saving on your laptop Marigold, expensive investment & you are truly at the lap of the gods whether you get a good one or 'the difficult one' (Excuse the pun). My cheapest was my favourite, gone back to a 'proper' computer now & saved up for an iMac - it's turning out to be a 'naughty one'! Bit disappointed but waiting for a bro-in-law to come down for a visit & sort it's predictive text from being in arabic or whatever language it is! Weird & interesting at the same time!

Those viola's are indeed a bargain - I love them too! There are just some Happy Flowers & they are one! Sunflowers are another!

Westi
PS: With all due respect - keep the snow! :D
Westi
Marigold
KG Regular

Westi wrote:Glad you had a saving on your laptop Marigold, expensive investment & you are truly at the lap of the gods whether you get a good one or 'the difficult one' (Excuse the pun). My cheapest was my favourite, gone back to a 'proper' computer now & saved up for an iMac - it's turning out to be a 'naughty one'! Bit disappointed but waiting for a bro-in-law to come down for a visit & sort it's predictive text from being in arabic or whatever language it is! Weird & interesting at the same time!

Those viola's are indeed a bargain - I love them too! There are just some Happy Flowers & they are one! Sunflowers are another!

Westi
PS: With all due respect - keep the snow! :D

No snow thankfully....but still bitterly cold out there. My freezer has been sounding off at night because the temp in the house is too low. Do not want to be buying coal at this time of year... No chance of growing sunflowers here but the smiling violas greeted me today. They had overstocked. in those expanded polystyrene trays that I had to break apart to get out. Usually would not dream of buying plants but all is so late this year and I have slowed down dramatically this winter. No one here seems to grow anything and i sell eg my home grown lupins well in summer. I have a few ready to go.... Not tackling the HP laptop today as am OK here on the chromebook as long as I do not need to print anything, which can wait till after market on Tuesday now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic