Bargain Basement

Need to know the best time to plant?

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Tips on where a bargain may be found either in nationwide stores or online.

Wilkinsons
Offer applicable as at 29/3/16, I'm not aware of end date.
Full range of own brand Seeds at 50% off marked price.
Picked up some peas & beans at 50p per pkt, sweet peas @ 40p
All packed in current year.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Can feel a wee trip to Wilkinson's at the weekend!

Thanks Pa Snip! Not that I need any more seeds, but you never can have enough peas & sweet peas really can you?

Westi
Westi
sally wright
KG Regular

suttons has a half price offer on fruit trees
Sally Wright
Pawty
KG Regular

Not an offer as such, but just found a shop called B&M bargains - I got a lavender, thyme and oregano plant for £5 - they were really well established and looked after - dare I say better than some of the local garden centres where you pay at least £3 for one!
dan3008
KG Regular

Pawty I love b&m bargins :D a new one has just opened up near my parents, and it apparently has a 'garden centre' as part of it... Its in a recently closed b&q
Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box. Anonymous

Exploring is like walking, where the walking decides where we're going. Bob the dinosaur from dinopaws
Pawty
KG Regular

Park promotions (online) are currently selling selected veg and flower foils for 5 p a pack.
Pawty
KG Regular

Just got half price bags of 'split bag' compost at mole valley. Always worth checking /asking as they often have a pallet full of split bags (forklift truck damage). Hilliers after sell them for £1.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Lavender plants for sale from www.vanmeuen.com/VSOP822 24 for £7.99 or 48 for £9.99 post free if you use that code. It is the offer in today's Sunday Telegraph. Delivery in May offer includes Munstead and Hidcote. Or you can phone on 08445737431 and quote VSOP822
72 cost £14.99

48 should go all the way round my rose bed. I've taken all the old woody ones out, so the offer has come just right.

It says order by 1st May
Monika
KG Regular

Just beware: sometimes these offers comprise such small plants which need at least another year of nurturing in pots before they are large enough to plant out!
snooky
KG Regular

Morrisons selling 10Kg of Westland chicken manure pellets for £7-00.Bought one yesterday.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Definitely not a bargain - in the garden centre today, red campion plants for £8.99 each. Last week I moved 10 from where they had self seeded and threw about 20 away. Think I might have a stall at the end of the path I'd be happy to get £2 for one :)

I did wonder how small the lavenders would be, but it doesn't really matter as they will grow into the space.
Pawty
KG Regular

Not a bargain - single garlic plant (Solent white) - £1.49! 50p for a for a full bulb at the farmers market!
Pa Snip
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:I did wonder how small the lavenders would be, but it doesn't really matter as they will grow into the space.

Once I finally worked out what the correct URL was :lol: :roll: ( http://www.vanmeuwen.com/VSOP822 ) it does say on there that they are 'plug plants'. Inch or two at the most then probably.

As you say PP it doesn't matter unless someone wants a ready made lavender border. They will eventually do the job.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pawty
KG Regular

I've bought seeds from here before and they were fine - not a huge selection but currently all 50p a pack and cheap delivery.

http://www.vegetableseeds.net/default.asp

Pawty
Pa Snip
KG Regular

J Arthur Bowers Multi Purpose compost, 50lt bags reduced to half price @£2.49 each at Wyevale. That's cheaper than their own brand
20lt J A Bowers Top Soil also half price @£1.49 per bag

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic